“Not too bad”

Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Not too bad”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed a this motel because our car needed repairs so the motel was close to the garage.It's kind of old but clean and the bed was fine.They had free breakfast but it started at 7:30 and we left earlier so didn't have time to see what it's like.It was fine for one nght.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We recently stayed here for a soccer tournament. At least 8 other families booked rooms as well. When we booked over the phone we were told $79 per night and possibly a discount because we were part of a large group. The rooms were old and inconsistent. Some of us didn't have a fridge while others did and some didn't even have a phone! The television stations were all fuzzy, because they were splicing the cable! When we checked out, our rate was $110 per night. After standing at the counter for at least 15 minutes arguing with a rude, frustrating woman, I finally gave in and paid the amount just so I could get the hell out of there. I even offered to meet her half way at $95 per night, but she just stood there giving me a blank stare. A number of the other team members were told the same rate, which she pretty much accused us of making up. The owners of this motel obviously do not understand anything about customer service! I would never recommend this spot to anyone. If you choose to ignore my warning.....beware of the creepy owner shuffling around the property looking into the rooms!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Daryl H

Travellers are raving about these Charlottetown hotels

Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This place is just weird, our room was stuffy, we had a large bed and a pull out couch from what could only be the 1960's. The bathroom was surprisingly clean and modern, toilet was very loose though.

The A/C was louder than the jets from the airport next door, the whole night there was strange banging and knocking under our floor.

The WIFI was spotty at best, the tv was new, but had crappy spliced cable.

The strangest thing(s) of all was the smoke detectors, one was working but there was also another one placed oddly in the corner of the room!!! We had a power bar with a lamp plugged in, but the power bar was literally spliced into the plugin!!! and the owner, some creepy little dude kept walking by our room looking in. Definitely NOT worth the money!

• Stayed July 2014
Quispamsis, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My boyfriend and I have two small dogs, one of which needed a surgery at the Vet College; so we decided to stay here.
We paid 59 dollars a night and stayed three nights.
For that low of a price, I was really quite shocked to walk in and find a nice, cozy and very clean room. The customer service was so friendly. Little bit of a language barrier, but hey, I welcome good people into our country.
We were very close to everything, including the Vet College.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Katielynnq
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The customer service was not good as they didn't speak English very well. When we arrived at the motel I asked for two beds instead of one. I was not told I would be charged more. I was given a key to room 18 which included a tiny kitchenette (no window) no cupboards (limited dishes displayed on a microwave stand). Bar fridge and old hot plate. No coffeemaker. The bedroom had very dark panelling on the walls which did not have insulation in the outer walls. It was very dreary. The room had a lot of fruit flies. Outside the room were two wooden chairs where the legs must have gotten rotten and they just sawed the bottoms of the legs off. No outside décor of flowers anywhere. The owner kept walking by our room and looking in at us. The beds were hard. The a/c was so loud we had to shut it off. Only one lamp between the beds and it didn't work. Very old furnishings. Small old TV. No clock. We paid for 3 nights but left after 2 nights as the bugs really creeped me out. I feel I was overcharged at $95/night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We recently stayed two nights at the Inn. The room was very clean. The room was plenty big enough for the two of us. The bathroom was separate from the sink which I liked. We had plenty of hot water. We had no problems with insects whatsoever. We were greeted every time we came in with a smile and a hello. The staff were friendly and helpful. It was a short drive to downtown Charlottetown, which was no problem as we got to see more of th ecity this way. For the price I'd say it was definatley well worth it.

Room Tip: We were in the main building (Inn), top floor on the end.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I booked a room in this hotel for a night when I got There the customer service was not good at all but what ever I decided TO STAY got the key went up to my room when i got in it was very cold so i turned the heat on waited and an hour later it still wasn't warm so i left the hotel for about 2 hours since i had things to do anyway when i got back the room still was cold so i went to complain they came up to check and kept saying it works works so i left it go little longer hour later still nothing so i complained again so they said i will bring u up heater 30mins later they bring me a heater which i plugged in and that didnt even work after this i am pretty upset the room was like a dungeon had a funny smell no heat and all they said was well we give u more blankets i said i f i have to pay for a room that i have to stay in bed the whole time not worth it to me so i said give me my money back i am not staying here they kicked up some fuss but what ever at the end i got my money back but never again will i go back or recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business