Rodd Charlottetown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn(Charlottetown)
US$99
US$96
Dundee Arms Inn(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$143
Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$74
US$125
US$121
US$92
US$67
Quality Inn & Suites Downtown(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$104
Delta Hotels Prince Edward(Charlottetown)
US$340
US$294
  • Pool
Rodd Royalty(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$82
Hotels.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Cornwall)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$83
The Great George(Charlottetown)
US$190
US$183
Cancelon
All reviewshistoric hotelrooftop patiodinner theateran older hotelrooms are smallold world charmlots of characterwithin walking distancefront desk staffwater pressurecorner roomlocation is greatcentral locationbed was very comfortableconfederation centrevictoria parkprince edward island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I've stayed at the Rodd close to a dozen times during each season. The location is great - just a short walk to downtown and to Victoria Park, along the waterfront, but far enough away to be a quiet location. Everyone who works there is friendly and very helpful. They bend over backwards to be accommodating and to help guests find the best rate possible. This hotel is part of a local chain that has a free membership loyalty club and it's worth it to join. You get better rates and access to specials if you belong. One of the best things about the Rodd's rate policy is that the hotel honors discounts it provides no matter what event is going on in town. Some of the other hotels in town cancel any AAA, CAA, Government, etc., rates when there are big concerts or other events in town, but not the Rodd.
The hotel seems more like an inn and the rooms are not cookie cutter in arrangement, furnishings or size. Remember the room you especially like! The beds I've slept on have been very comfortable and had very soft sheets. The furniture style is a little older, with (I think) a bit more style than the newer hotels and often have an upholstered chair or a sofa in the room. Some of the rooms feel a bit small but most are a nice size and some are quite generous. Two robes are provided, along with the usual coffee maker, hair dryer, iron/ironing board and very nice toiletries.
The hotel advertises free WI-FI but I've not been able to connect to it the past several years I've gone there. There is a DSL connection in each room that provides a very fast connection; I suggest bring a cord along, just in case. There is a business center in a room beside the front desk that has a computer and printer you can use, too. Parking is provided on the premises and is free. Phone calls are not all free, including calls to toll free numbers.
The hotel has a restaurant and a small bar on the floor level and they offer room service. The menu isn't extensive and doesn't vary much during the week, but the food and drinks are good. The hotel has a sign that advertises a feast/dinner theatre but I haven't attended. There's quite a variety of restaurants and pubs with better than usual pub fare in easy walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: I try to get a room off the ground floor so that I'll have a nice view. Room prices and types change with the floor; 4th floor rooms are more expensive than 3rd floor ones.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank janetlorraine
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was excellent! The rooms could use some definite updating, rust in places, etc. The bed skirts were ripped and the pillows were way too small. The service was very good, it was a nice spot to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MegJCooke
Reviewed 29 March 2012

People can read my review of Oct 2011. Still a great historic building in a historic region. Although you are right next door to the firehall, I never heard them once. Lights in bathrooms are different and light up bright right away. They also have new remotes, the sanitizable ones and cleaning staff actually did clean it daily. Bed still mushy but they give you lots of blankets and pillows.
On last day I was here, PEI got hammered with a snowstorm that actually shut down the city and my speaking engagements. With an early evening flight and nothing else to do and checkout at 11 am, I called the front desk and spoke with the manager who was nothing short of awesome. She told me "we'd never throw you out in the cold my dear" and laughed and told me to checkout whenever I want. In all of my traveling, this is only the second time that a hotel has not tried to gouge me for late checkout due to unforeseen circumstances. Cleaning staff knew I was stuck and recommended places to eat and get coffee plus the fastest route as I wasn't dressed for the weather.
Thanks so much Rodd Charlottetown. (Oh nice to know - EVERYONE in town merely refers to this as The Charlottetown Hotel as that is the historical name)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank NishTraveller
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is an old hotel, but nicely maintained. Rooms are small, as most stately old hotel rooms are, but really comfortable. Didn't have dinner so can't comment on most food, but breakfast was very good. Nice little bar area. Highly recommend for relaxing on a business trip. Would also stay on my next vacation in the area.

Room Tip: Can't recommend as I only saw mine. Overlooked a parking lot and part of downtown area, but I wasn't there for the view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I took my four children with me to his hotel as it was the beginning of March Break and I had a meeting at the hotel. I inquired prior to checking in, if they could provide babysitter for the time I would be in the meeting. They told me they don't usually but would call me back, which they did within 10 minutes. One of the staff members were available if I needed them.

We checked in at 6:30 without any delay. The rooms were clean with a turn of the century look to them (made me think that this would be where the affluent would stay in he 1920s) and I liked it. It was the first room we stayed in that you used a key, instead of a card to enter the room.

The room had two double beds, a flat screen tv, a couple of wingback chairs, a secretary desk, a fridge ( which we usually have to pay $10 extra per night at other hotels), and free parking for $98 per night.

We didn't hear any noise from neighbouring rooms during the stay. The staff was friendly throughout our stay.

We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on that. We used the pool often and it was always empty when we went down. There was a hot tub and sauna that we used as well. The view from the rooftop terrace was wonderful.

The bathroom was small, but none of us usually spend much time in there so that didn't matter. The water pressure was strong in the shower and the water temperature was constant.

All in all, I wouldn't hessiate to stay here again. I felt we received good value for our money especially considering we were in downtown Charlottetown and could walk everywhere.

Stayed: March 2012