We stayed here in Sept 2008. The hotel has seen its day. Although a beautiful historic property built in the 30's , a major renovation was done about 15 years ago and its not a terribly good job. Anyone with an interest ion conservation will find it quiet depressing. Whilst the lobby is ok, pvc has been used in the windows and the decor is twee and not appropriate to the era the hotel was built. Overall the hotel is ok. Its grubby in parts and seriously needs investment in terms of painting of common areas and new soft furnishings and carpets for the bedrooms and lobby areas. The beds were comfy and although there have been a lot of complaints about the bathrooms I thought they were quaint and this is the one area where some original features such as cast iron baths and old tiles have been retained. The pool was grotty and again needs refurbishment. Staff were friendly, didnt try the food. Place seems popular with tour groups. Overall not worth 150 dollars a night.
To the owners I suggest you employ a decent conservation architect, splash some cash and start over with some renovation works.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the grand lobby of this four and a half star hotel with its marble floors and barrel--vaulted ceilings, you will be surrounded by the historic elegance that sets Rodd Charlottetown Hotel in a class apart from all other Island hotels. Built in 1931 by CN Railways, Rodd Charlottetown features the elegance and attention to detail synonymous with the historic Canadian National Railway Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Rodd Charlottetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodd Charlottetown Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, Canada