This hotel is older and therefore the amenities are not up to standards we have come to expect: luxurious bathrooms, large rooms, mini-bar, etc. And yes, it is a little down-at-the-heel. But it has its charm, and the smallness of the hotel makes up for its flaws. It doesn't have the anonymous feel of the larger, newer hotels. This place is fraying but charming.
On another note, should you need a recommendation, go straight to Hanna at the front desk. She unfailingly intuited what kind of places I was looking for, and was able to give me excellent recommendations and good back-up plans in a pinch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the grand lobby of this four and a half star hotel with its marble floors and barrel--vaulted ceilings, you will be surrounded by the historic elegance that sets Rodd Charlottetown Hotel in a class apart from all other Island hotels. Built in 1931 by CN Railways, Rodd Charlottetown features the elegance and attention to detail synonymous with the historic Canadian National Railway Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rodd Charlottetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodd Charlottetown Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, Canada