My wife and I take a yearly vacation to PEI. We decided to stay at the Rodd Charlottetown after walking by it the year before. It is a charming looking hotel in a good area, within walking distance to Victoria Park and the downtown waterfront area. I checked in and the lobby seemed very nice. When arriving in our room, however, it was shabby at the best. My wife tried to tell me that it was a "historic property" and thats why it looked old and small. She did not convince me. The paint was chipping, the carpet was stained, the couch was worn. The electrical outlets pretty much consisted of an extension cord to which everything had to be plugged into (coffee maker, wine fridge, tv, and our chargers for phones etc.) On Saturday evening we had to wade through drunks in the lobby. The one security person that was visible was chatting with some women instead of controlling things. My wife thought she was getting sick as she started coughing all the time especially at night. On the last day of our stay ( we stayed three nights) I was looking up at the ceiling and realized their was quite a bit of visible water damage in an area. I believe this led the the coughing and feeling sick as my wife is quite sensitive to mold and moisture problems of any kind. When I tried to mention it to the front desk staff, I was told that there was not a manager I could speak to and to call the number on the business card I was given. I should have been told that the manager would call me (as the hotel has all of my contact info). I shouldnt have to hunt the manager down and hope for the best. (it is, after all. a "4 1/2 star" property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the grand lobby of this four and a half star hotel with its marble floors and barrel--vaulted ceilings, you will be surrounded by the historic elegance that sets Rodd Charlottetown Hotel in a class apart from all other Island hotels. Built in 1931 by CN Railways, Rodd Charlottetown features the elegance and attention to detail synonymous with the historic Canadian National Railway Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Rodd Charlottetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodd Charlottetown Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, Canada