“Good location”
Review of Rodd Charlottetown

Rodd Charlottetown
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is situated in downtown Charlottetown and is in walking distance to everything. The staff was very friendly for the most part and the restaurant served very good breakfasts. Outside are tables or benches you can sit on and just enjoy Charlottetown. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. This hotel however doesn 't need another shelf or two in the bathrooms, it needs serious renovating both in the rooms and the hallways. The carpets are worn, the furniture us old and the bathrooms need to be gutted completely. We could hear the person in the next room sneezing and sneezing and sneezing. We didn't go into the pool because it was stifling hot in the room and the location was a bit inconvenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
charlottetown, General Manager at Rodd Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words. I will pass them along to all the staff.

There are newer reviews for Rodd Charlottetown

Reviewed 24 July 2014

A charming hotel in wonderful condition and a great location with easy walking access to many of the attractions in Downtown Charlottetown. Comfy beds, rooms were very clean and hotel staff were great. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing onto Kent Street offer glimpses of the harbour.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on our property.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice hotel. Good location to walk to sites in Old Charlottetown. Plenty of options for dining and entertainment within short walking distance. The hotel restaurant was perfect for breakfast at reasonable prices and a friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments we are indeed in a prime location to walk around our beautiful city.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I take a yearly vacation to PEI. We decided to stay at the Rodd Charlottetown after walking by it the year before. It is a charming looking hotel in a good area, within walking distance to Victoria Park and the downtown waterfront area. I checked in and the lobby seemed very nice. When arriving in our room, however, it was shabby at the best. My wife tried to tell me that it was a "historic property" and thats why it looked old and small. She did not convince me. The paint was chipping, the carpet was stained, the couch was worn. The electrical outlets pretty much consisted of an extension cord to which everything had to be plugged into (coffee maker, wine fridge, tv, and our chargers for phones etc.) On Saturday evening we had to wade through drunks in the lobby. The one security person that was visible was chatting with some women instead of controlling things. My wife thought she was getting sick as she started coughing all the time especially at night. On the last day of our stay ( we stayed three nights) I was looking up at the ceiling and realized their was quite a bit of visible water damage in an area. I believe this led the the coughing and feeling sick as my wife is quite sensitive to mold and moisture problems of any kind. When I tried to mention it to the front desk staff, I was told that there was not a manager I could speak to and to call the number on the business card I was given. I should have been told that the manager would call me (as the hotel has all of my contact info). I shouldnt have to hunt the manager down and hope for the best. (it is, after all. a "4 1/2 star" property.

1  Thank kkuehne

Thank you for your comments. I have to agree our rooms are smaller than the new box hotels. Regarding the comment on our security firm you may well be right and since receiving this we have changed security firms to a much more professional operation. Could you email me via the hotel web site direct as I would like to know the room you were in. We do quality checks of our rooms on an ongoing basic. Again thank you for bring this to my attention.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Wonderful old building with lots of class and charm. I'm told the rooms are fairly small - we got a complimentary upgrade to the honeymoon suite, and it was magnificent. Great location, close to everything, but not too noisy. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Water pressure was not great for showers, but that seems to be a standard issue across the island. Parking is free, but there is very limited parking out front, so unless you get very lucky you will need to park around back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
charlottetown, General Manager at Rodd Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will pass along your comments to the staff.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Recently completed a 6 night stay at the Rodd Charlottetown hotel. The hotel is a charming, old hotel, well appointed, and squeaky clean. Every thing from the small, inviting restaurant where we had breakfast every morning, to the friendly and helpful staff was top of the line.

I would like to mention the names of all of the staff who contributed to our terrific stay, but I can't remember all of them. I will say that the front desk staff, Jenni, Oliver, and Hanna were exceptional.

I would stay there again any time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments they are much appreciated. I will pass them along to all the staff.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The staff were very friendly, The location is great and it has free parking. The room was clean. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was very powerful. The pool looked clean and we didn't have breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank janiel
charlottetown, General Manager at Rodd Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for your kind comments we pride ourselves in running a clean, friendly hotel. I will pas your comments along to all the staff.