Rodd Charlottetown
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$142
US$138
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

US$205
US$149
US$143
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$163/night.

Free cancellation until 31/05
US$289
US$240
  • Pool
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$307/night.

Rodd Royalty(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$141
Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$82
US$63
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

Quality Inn & Suites(Cornwall)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$94
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

The Great George(Charlottetown)
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$241
US$169
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$234/night.

The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
Free cancellation until 02/06
US$234
US$209
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$241/night.

The Sonata Inn(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$116
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

All reviewshistoric hotelrooftop patiodinner theateran older hotelrooms are smallold world charmlots of characterwithin walking distancefront desk staffwater pressurecorner roomlocation is greatcentral locationbed was very comfortableconfederation centrevictoria parkprince edward island
Reviewed 30 August 2014

As I write this, my 70 yr old mother (with cancer), my husband, and myself are sleeping in our car outside Walmart! Why?
Last night, in the middle of the night, the security guard started banging on our door as if he was doing a drug bust. Thinking a drunk neighbour lost his room, I tried ignoring him, but he would not stop. He insisted we were partying, and he'd had a complaint about noise. The walls in this hotel are not soundproof - if he'd had a brain at all he could have followed the noise - I heard every argument and party in the rooms beside and across from us. Instead of apologizing, he was rude and sarcastic. For my complaint, we got 2 free breakfasts, despite being 3 of us.
The desk staff in the morning were awesome, and helpful. Though we had been told the hotel was full, now they promised me the extra night I had wanted - they would move our luggage and everything, to a suite. Fast forward to the end of a day of sightseeing,, and we have NO room, and the staff were under the impression we were never coming back, not even for our bags! They did offer us a room on the other side of the island for a discounted price of $300 + tax.

The room while we had it was new, clean, with super comfy beds and pillows. Not large, but that's ok. Bathroom was a bit grungy; not because of the old discoloured fixtures, but because of the poor workmanship on the tiles. As mentioned, definitely thin walls; turn up the a/c to muffle the neighbours.

Location is excellent!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
charlottetown, General Manager at Rodd Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for your comments. It was a very busy weekend with Shania Twain in town but that is no excuse for staff promising you a room when we were filled and had been for weeks. I am talking with all the staff to find out how this misunderstanding happened. Finding that out is no consolation to you or your family and for that I apologize profusely.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stayed at the rodd Charlottetown twice in the same week, a Monday and Wednesday....we had these rooms booked on our way to and from a one day visit with family. The Monday was ok. the room was lovely and the only drawback was they did not know their everystay rewards program and did not know how to imput our number into their system, the girl at the front desk was clearly not interested in entering our card number (a frequent user points reward program) but wrote it hastily on a piece of scrap paper and said she would figure it out later. The following day she had not done it, the other counter staff did not know how to do it either and just blew it off, they suggested I call customer service on the phone while I was standing at the counter with customer service, I did and left a voice message. this all took over 20 minutes while 6 other people pushed along side me to get served by that staff in front of me. I left frustrated. Two days later we returned there on our return journey. The suite was the EXACT same room and it was beautiful so we were pleased. Upon entering it we were smacked with a strong cigarette smoke smell and a febreeze-type odor cover-up spray. Both of us has stinging and watering eyes immediately. I called the front desk and they said we could not be accomodated with a different room. we paid full price for the room that night, no apology and left disappointed enough that we will not ever return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, all I can say is there is no excuse for they way this was handled and I am looking into why this happened and train the staff person in the proper procedure.

Thank you for bring this to my attention and I apologize for the waste of time and frustration you endured.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We arrived and were given a very small room with one bed and one twin pullout. When I went to the desk to be changed to the room we booked with two beds, we were advised that the only rooms with two beds were directly over the wedding. We'd been driving all day so needed sleep and stayed with the original room. The pullout was worse than the average pullout and the bed was so soft it was horrible. The room was tiny, the bathroom cramped and not overly clean. And it was $200!! Definitely would not stay here again. Upside: good central location and free parking, nice little bar off the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. Our hotel does have that 'old' look but with modern flat screen televisions, free internet, pillow top beds, fridges in all rooms and many more modern conveniences as is in other hotels. What they don't have is our great location downtown.
Again thank for your comments.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The outside of this hotel looks very specky but upon entering our room noticed it was very dated and not in an antiquey way but with cracked tiles and old toilet etc. the room was clean enough and was fine for a night but disappointed us as their reputation for an upscale hotel was lost when we entered our room. The location was good as far as being close to the downtown core.
We also had to listen to our neighbours conversation late into the night as the walls obviously were not sound proof!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
charlottetown, General Manager at Rodd Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for your comments. Yes our bathrooms are small and with some original fixtures so as to keep the 'look'. We do have flats screen televisions, large min-fridges, coffee perks, iron boards and free high speed internet so as to keep up with the modern travellers needs.
Again thank you.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Spent two nights at this hotel when I visited Charlottetown with my two adult children. We loved being in a location so close to restaurants on Victoria Row and downtown sites. We enjoyed the historic architectural details as well as the comfortable bedding. Price was affordable and our service was friendly and efficient. Parking was a bit difficult, but we managed to get a space in the lot. Would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Would have enjoyed a room facing the front of the building since our view was uninteresting.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words and yes our location is the best in town if I do say so myself. Again thank you.