I stayed here for business along with some of my colleagues. I would never have chosen this hotel, It was chosen by our work place.
It must have been lovely in it's day, but now it is just old and tired. If you have allergies this is not the place for you. It's damp and smelly with mould growing between the tiles in the tub, and under the peeling wallpaper. The hallway on the 4th floor smells really bad.
The place is in dire need of a renovation. In my room the curtains were badly faded, the bedspreads looked like they have been on the beds since the hotel was built in the1930's..... The tiles in the bathroom are worn and dirty looking. I thought the shower was the one saving grace at this hotel. The pressure was excellent, but I had only been in the shower moments when the warter turned ice cold. I jumped out of the spray and waited a bit before it warmed up again, then I had to jump out again as the water became too hot to stay in.
The room doors are old and shut very hard so you hear slamming doors all night.
I think that the cleaning staff do well for what they have to work with. It is difficult to remove smells from old damp buildings and old carpets.
There is a restaraunt and room service available at certain times throughout the day but I did not use it except for a very expensive juice and muffin.
Parking is very limited and you might even have to park on the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the grand lobby of this four and a half star hotel with its marble floors and barrel--vaulted ceilings, you will be surrounded by the historic elegance that sets Rodd Charlottetown Hotel in a class apart from all other Island hotels. Built in 1931 by CN Railways, Rodd Charlottetown features the elegance and attention to detail synonymous with the historic Canadian National Railway Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rodd Charlottetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodd Charlottetown Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, Canada