Rodd Charlottetown
The Harbour House(Charlottetown)
US$125
US$121
Dundee Arms Inn(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$144
Delta Hotels Prince Edward(Charlottetown)
US$323
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
US$126
US$121
The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
US$165
US$161
  • Pool
Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$74
Travelocity
Quality Inn & Suites(Cornwall)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$83
US$157
US$151
The Sonata Inn(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$134
Travelocity
The Great George(Charlottetown)
US$190
US$183
Cancelon
All reviewshistoric hotelrooftop patiodinner theateran older hotelrooms are smallold world charmlots of characterwithin walking distancefront desk staffwater pressurecorner roomlocation is greatcentral locationbed was very comfortableconfederation centrevictoria parkprince edward island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I stayed here for business along with some of my colleagues. I would never have chosen this hotel, It was chosen by our work place.

It must have been lovely in it's day, but now it is just old and tired. If you have allergies this is not the place for you. It's damp and smelly with mould growing between the tiles in the tub, and under the peeling wallpaper. The hallway on the 4th floor smells really bad.

The place is in dire need of a renovation. In my room the curtains were badly faded, the bedspreads looked like they have been on the beds since the hotel was built in the1930's..... The tiles in the bathroom are worn and dirty looking. I thought the shower was the one saving grace at this hotel. The pressure was excellent, but I had only been in the shower moments when the warter turned ice cold. I jumped out of the spray and waited a bit before it warmed up again, then I had to jump out again as the water became too hot to stay in.
The room doors are old and shut very hard so you hear slamming doors all night.
I think that the cleaning staff do well for what they have to work with. It is difficult to remove smells from old damp buildings and old carpets.

There is a restaraunt and room service available at certain times throughout the day but I did not use it except for a very expensive juice and muffin.

Parking is very limited and you might even have to park on the street.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2010

My husband and I recently planned a weekend to Prince Edward Island for some relaxation. We chose to stay at the Rodd Charlottetown due to it's prime location in the downtown core of Charlottetown. Everything was within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel was clean and the staff were very helpful. The hotel has a historical beauty to it. There was a beautiful wedding happening while we were there which made us want to renew our vows and through another party.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2010

This old Inn looks historic and victorian from the outside, and is in a great location, but the inside is dated and run-down. My first room had a very moldy ceiling tile above the entryway that was the result of a leaky in-ceiling air conditioner in the room. They called maintenance to fix it, so they came up and replaced the tile with a new one (which doesn't solve the problem). While they were replacing it, I saw that the mold had spread to the walls, above the ceiling tiles, so I asked to stay in a different room. My next room had the same problem with a leaky in-ceiling air conditioner, only the tile hadn't progressed to moldy yet. Only wet water stains. The air conditioner leaked non stop, which left drips down the wallpapered walls and made for a damp carpet. The room decor is so dated. The bathrooms are old. It's too bad because it has potential to be a nice historic building.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I was supposed to stay there all week but I decided to find something else after two nights (I decided to move out after the first but I had to pay the night because I had to check out by 11am)

Good:
-Original tilework and decor
-RoofTop Balcony has a great view
-Good location, a short walk to anywhere worth going/eating in the downtown
-Decent Soaps/Shampoo

Bad:
-Original Tiles and decor (Grout was dirty and the bedcover looked older than I was)
-Room is incredibly small
-Walls very thin, I could hear very clearly the goings on in the other room and I'm sure they overheard all my conversations
-Doors slam shut quite easily.
-The toilet is right against the wall resulting in discomfort when using it.
-Shower was way too low flow
-No Office Chair/Proper desk
-Wifi reception was poor in my room near the corner, luckily the room is so small the ethernet cable could almost reach anywhere in the room.
-Bed is small, old and soft, did not sleep well. Most hotels have at least a full queen or king for a single bed room

Conclusion
I don't think its a bad hotel to stay for a night or two, but I found the size of the rooms to be too small for someone who travels for a week at a time and wants more comfort. The staff was also not able to accomodate my request for a bigger room (They said all non-suites were about the same size) and that they had no suites available for me. I may try this hotel again if I can book a suite at a reasonable rate in the Off-season.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Beds are too soft.. it was like sleeping in a hammock.. NO support

Walls are EXTREMELY thin. Conversations could be heard clearly through the walls.

Doors do not close lightly, so were being slammed every time someone went in or out.

While I realize you can't control the guests.... there was a large party on a Saturday night, with people from the party, loud, and very drunk crossing in front of the front desk, going into the elevators to go to the rooms. Front Desk staff had to know they would be loud and noisy on the floors they were going to. Parties went on until past 3:30 a.m.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business