“Ridiculously expensive and horrible food. ”
Review of Ta-Ke Sushi

Ta-Ke Sushi
Ranked #48 of 255 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife enjoy Sushi a lot, but the island doesn't have many sushi places. so we thought of trying this place. NEVER GO THERE, is all I can say. Food is overly priced for the portion that they serve. Server had no clue what a sashimi is. Sashimi was definitely thawed/ cooked in the microwave. Grey/black borders, wrinkled surface, yikes! Awful soy sauce,LOADED with salt, couldn't taste wasabi after mixing with soy sauce.
Paid a whooping $72 for a platter for two and a domestic beer, and weren't satisfied an inch.
I expected island would have a better sushi than ontario, but guess people here don't wanna try anything more than potatoes and lobsters. Quite disappointed.

2  Thank Lifeisaboutgoodfood
There are newer reviews for Ta-Ke Sushi

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Without doubt the best Maki rolls and Sashimi I've had in a very long time. It helps if you can pronounce the names of dishes correctly as English is a second language for the chef and staff.
I have eaten here on numerous occasions and found both the chef and staff to be exceptionally courteous and respectful but of course they were treated that way by us, including bowing our heads in respect when we entered and left - it makes a difference. It don't think it was overly expensive either, $60 for two people and my wife couldn't finish.

1  Thank Kevxh
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The food here was ok, we were pleased with quality of the food, taste and service. It's nice to see both korean and japanese food so the sushi haters can't refuse to eat here.

But we had issues with our meal and will not return because of them. 1- we had flies flying around and landing on us and our plates the entire meal. 2- There were fruit flies annoying us during the same meal. 3- My wife found a hair in her food... I know we all have hair and I do find some at home, but in a restaurant it's a big turn off.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I love Korean and Japanese food - though we were both very disappointed with our experience. The server seemed unfamiliar with the menu, not able to explain one of the dishes. My boyfriend ordered the teriyaki beef - the beef was inedible, it was so tough and full of gristle. The appetizer was served quite a while after our main entrees.
The décor was mediocre. No greeting when we walked in.
Needless to say - we won't be back and would not recommend it.
It is beyond us how this made it so high on the Trip Advisor recommendations!

1  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The Sushi is good, not great but worth the visit. My issues are as follows:

1. Wooden chop sticks, when a dinner for 3 with saki and a beer is $104, YOU DON'T GIVE YOUR GUESTS WOODEN CHOPSTICKS IN A PAPER BAG!
2. Fruit flys....come on....
3. Server needs to know the menu better.
4. Disposable wooden chop sticks.....

Don't rely on being in a tourist area to be complacent or just average, you serve good sushi take your restaurant up a star or two by doing what needs to be done.