“Great pub, just okay food”
Review of The Churchill Arms

The Churchill Arms
Ranked #15 of 252 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Prince Edward Island's only authentic British Pub, located in Charlottetown. Our Pub features British Style Curries and Traditional British Dishes. Join us for great Beer, Food and Service!
Calgary
“Great pub, just okay food”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went here to watch the first World Cup game. wasnt overly busy, average pub busy. Ordered the burger - it had sat out too long, melted cheese had congealed and was cold. Tomatoe and lettuce weren't the freshest.

The service though was impeccable. Always had a full pint of beer, and the waitress was very friendly.

• Visited June 2014

Kensington, Canada
“Several trips, overall average”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have been to Churchill Arms several times and overall it comes out average. Most of the time, the food is very good to awesome. I love the curry for sure! and the fries are terrific! The last time I was there with my mother and sister, the service was not typical. The waitress seems distracted and disinterested but that is not usual. I have had this same waitress before and she has always been very good so good policy to not base things on one experience! I like to go here and it is one of my favorites. Sometimes the crowd at the bar can be too loud but it is a pub!! When visiting Charlottetown, you really should come in for some traditional British fare!!

• Visited April 2014
Ontario
“Not bad but not as expected”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Decided to go here based on what they are known for- curry :) Got a variety of food (group of people) including curry. Can't complain- food was hot, fast and satisfying. I guess I thought the curry would be a bit better. Server was top notch and very friendly. There were children in our group and she was quite good with them. Thought the food could have used a bit of sprucing up but other than that a great place.

• Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Pub food, nothing more”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Food first: Curry is what they're known for. We all (2 couples) order the dinner- size dish Chicken Marsalla. The chicken and sauce is served in a bowl on a plate. Rice and or fries are on the side. My first beef is with quantity of chicken. Maybe 7 bite sized chunks in a soup-sized bowl of curry sauce. The rest of the dish is a good sized scoop of rice and a small portion of fries. This for $15.95. I have ordered the same meal there at lunch and had the same quantity. At night you are offered lunch or dinner size ($12.95/$$15.95). I didn't see any difference between lunch and dinner portions.

Next, service: not good. Two servers handling the Friday night crowd doesn't cut it. Fortunately one of them is a seasoned veteran and is capable of juggling several balls at once. Our waits were long and would have been unacceptable if this person had not extended herself.

In summary: on a slow day at lunch this place serves a decent curry for Charlottetown. If the place is busy, especially at dinner, they have trouble coping.

Visited November 2013
Kingston, Canada
“Enjoyed!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My spouse and I had a date night at the Churchill Arms and had a very nice time, although I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a romantic venue. We ordered the curry sampler and found it very flavourful and filling. The ambiance is okay, but it got very crowded around the bar - particularly around the front entrance, where people just kind of stepped inside far enough to get a drink and then just stood there. Our server was friendly but it took an excruciatingly long time to get our food. Thankfully, the food was worth the wait. I would hope that lunch service is speedier. All in all, I would go back.

• Visited September 2013