“A clean and quiet pied a terre in charlottetown”

Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Ottawa, Canada
“A clean and quiet pied a terre in charlottetown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

A very clean and quiet motel in Charlottetown.
Easy walk to the mall and 2 large grocery stores
Very helpful and friendly staff
Well appointed rooms
Easy access to the airport and highways as well as downtown.

The only little suggestion is they need to put a clothes hook on the back of the bathroom door. No hook or towell racks in the 'loo.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Greetings.
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments on your recent stay with us. We really appreciate the updates for future clients to know how you enjoyed your stay with us. I am taking your suggestion regarding bathroom hooks to our maintenance department. We appreciate the feedback as we want everyone to enjoy everything and hooks is not a major task. As you said our location is very good with the malls right here as well as rinks. I hope on your next visit to PEI, you will look us up.
Again, thanks for your comments.
Nancy Leslie Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at the Best Value Inn and Suites in early May -- before PEI's busy tourist season really kicked in. I was part of a large group and was told that planning the event was made much easier as management was very willing to work with the organizers to make it a success. I shared a room with two other people -- we had two queen sized beds as well as a roll out cot. All were in good shape, clean and very comfy. The bathroom -- at least in our room #108 -- appeared to have been recently updated. There was an excellent complimentary breakfast that included an on-demand waffle maker,and it was a hit with many in our group. Also on offer were several cereal options, yogurt, toast, boiled eggs, and bagels. Downstairs there is a small pub with friendly and helpful staff. The Friday night trivia was a hoot. Keep in mind that the kitchen closes at 9 pm. This was not the Taj Mahal, but if you want a reasonably priced, clean place to call a home base in the Charlottetown area, then this is a good bet.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MsVickiG
Greetings.
Thank you very much for your kind review on our property. I am glad your group enjoyed the breakfast and yes the waffles are a great hit with most people. We have since added eggs and yogurt to the continental as well. Our rooms are getting more and more compliments and we are always open to suggestions to make stays even more enjoyable. I am happy to state that I do have a good front line staff who go out of their way for the guests. Our rest/Pub is also very popular with the locals for the food and specials we offer. AI hope you look us up again on your next visit to PEI.
Again, Thank you for your comments
Nancy Leslie - Manger
Halifax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

The jacuzzi suite is fantastic, clean, king size bed, sliding door to access patio, restaurant/bar is a bonus to have in the same building, the bathroom is perfectly adequate as well there is a sink in and out of the bathroom so you don't have to wait to wet a cloth or whatever it is that you need to do with water, the jacuzzi is fantastic , the breakfast is great, hot waffles, bagels, fruit, hot and cold beverages , cereal etc, all in all it is quite a nice spot , and it's cheap, pool is outside and there is an area for children to play on slides and swings .2 blocks roughly to shopping , and there are a lot of fast food or dine in restaurant's within minutes.
I belong to the grand bahia principe privilege club where all there facilities are top notch and as goes for the canadas best value inn , coming from a honest and well traveled vacationer I would strongly recommend this location as probably one of the best values you will find in Charlottetown , PEI.
Send me a message if you have any questions, I will give you an honest answer.

• Stayed March 2013
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
I want to Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent stay with us. We have done major renovations to our property from the drive-up units to the Jacuzzi Suites and now it is getting the word out so more people realize what we have to offer. We also changed our continental breakfast so I am glad you also enjoyed our choices. The Jug, our restaurant , is becoming more and more popular even with the locals with our specials and all day breakfast
Again I am glad you enjoyed your stay and Thank you again for your high praise on our service,
accommodations and opening the door for additional comments. I hope to see you back again with us on your next visit to PEI
Nancy Leslie,,,,Manager
Saint John
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

I had a nice drive up room with stove, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster etc.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. Internet worked well. The heater/ air conditioner was quiet and kept the room at a constant temperature. I will be staying here again on future trips

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Thank you for adding your comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad it was good and plan to stay with us on your next visit to PEI. We try to ensure all guests leave happy with this same
intent....to return again. Again thank you for taking the time to add your comments and I look forward to seeing you again.

Nancy L
Manager
moon river
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

room 110, wifi didn't work,signal strength was just too weak. the hotel even had two networks to login into, .... canbest network and canbest eng network. neither worked. I tried my laptop and my ipad. I really need it to work for business. really a shame b/c otherwise it was a very nice place. if they can fix the wifi I would definitely stay there again. wifi did work fine in the lobby. But if I had known it wouldn't work from my room, I would have chosen another motel.

Room Tip: don't pick room 110 for internet, try a room much closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Thank you for adding your comments. I am sorry your last stay with us was not as pleasant as it should have been due to poor wifi connections. We have since had someone look at our wifi
routers to ensure that all rooms are getting access easily. On your next visit to PEI, please drop by again and give us a 2nd chance. If it ease yuour mind, we also have rooms upstairs or we could reserve a room close to the office as I know not having connections when you are busy can be very frustrating.

Again, thanks for bring this to our attention, but please do drop by to give us a 2nd chance.

Nancy Leslie
manager
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

The room looked nothing like what was posted on their website. When I asked, the receptionist told me that ithere would be $30 extra per night for the upgrade. Not all the rooms were renovated, so at our price of $100 per night, we got a room that that had holes in the sheets, smoke smell even though it was suppose to be non-smoking and a very lumpy bed. The rooms very small with little lighting but what were able to see didn't look clean. Very bad value for our money.

Hotel staff was friendly and included breakfast was standard.

I feel cheated as the website didn't indicate that only part of the hotel was renovated, so the photos were entirely different from what we got.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments as the only way we can better ourselves is by hearing from you. I am sorry things were not as you expected on your stay with us. I know AI have changed things around on the website so guests can review exactly what they are booking.
We have even done some more upgrades to the Garden View Rooms since you were with us.
I do hope if you are in our area again, you will look us up so I can show you the changes and see what I can offer you.

Again Thank you for adding your comments and if around ask for me and I will so my best to
ensure you have a great stay with us.

Nancy Leslie
Manager
Halifax Region, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

The Valley 50 Plus Seniors Group from Kentville NS had a wonderful stay here in early October. The staff were fantastic - the rooms were great - they couldn't do enough for the group. They even had a little welcome basket in each room when we arrived. Here is what some of the group members had to say:

Cecile Dodge: "I had so much fun during my trip to PEI, I've never been treated so well at a hotel in my life! This was my second visit to Charlottetown this year and I always stay at this place."

Marg Ward: "Our stay at your hotel was a very positive experience. Your staff were so great and helpful. I look forward to coming back again next summer."

George Estey: "Having travelled all over Canada and the US extensively over the past 50 years, to places like Toronto, Miami, New England, Hawaii, Canada's Best Value Charlottetown was far above many of the other places we stayed. Great rooms! Great staff! Super service! They couldn't do enough for us - they even changed their sign out front to welcome our group and to say thank-you on the day we left. Thank you for a wonderful stay!"

My wife and I stayed in one of the little "suite" units in the main building - what a lovely room it was. We had a Jacuzzi tub in the corner, separate bathroom, a wonderfully comfortable King size bed, and even a little patio where we sat in the evening and watched the world go by. They have a restaurant on site, and the breakfast room provided everything we could imagine for a hot and tasty breakfast in the morning. "Waffles" that's all I have to say! Yumm!

Thank you again for a wonderful stay, and we WILL be back again.

Room Tip: The King suites are FANTASTIC!!! Other rooms have stoves and kitchenettes - great for families on a...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for the kind review. We also very much enjoyed having your group stay with us.
You were our first group tour and I am pleased that everything went so good from the accommodations to the meals. Your group photo we took will be posted in our rest./pub. We look forward to having your group come back again in the Spring. I hope everything goes as smooth as this group as you had a fantastic group. We also enjoyed the singsong in our Dining room.
Again Thank you all and I look forward to seeing some of you again in June.

Nancy