Queens Arms Inn
Delta Hotels Prince Edward(Charlottetown)
US$324
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
US$126
HIExpress.com
The Great George(Charlottetown)
US$218
US$212
Quality Inn & Suites Downtown(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$105
Hotels.com
The Sonata Inn(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$121
Orbitz.com
The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
US$162
  • Pool
The Harbour House(Charlottetown)
Banbridge Inn(Charlottetown)
TripAdvisor
The Hotel on Pownal(Charlottetown)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed with 2 other friends on a trip to PEI. Chose this hotel because it was more economical than others in Charlottetown and hoped we wouldn't be burned by that fact. The staff was very friendly and efficient. I really enjoyed the outdoor pool; it was a little cool temperature-wise, but I don't really mind that, and it was nice to swim outside. The hot tub was luke warm at best however. Continental breakfast was pretty standard, but suited our needs just fine. The waffle station was a nice touch!

We had a "suite" as our room (a bedroom with 2 beds and a living room with a pull out couch.) This was nice because we could drive right up to our door and walk right into our room from the parking lot (room was to the left of the main entrance.) The room also included a kitchenette and a small table with chairs. It suited our needs, but the decor was very outdated; it reminded me of places I stayed as a child 20 years ago. The air conditioning units both chugged away 24/7, but not very effectively. Some of the room pictures here look nice and updated; I do hope they update the drive-up rooms at some point. They would be fantastic if they weren't so run down looking.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We arrived on Monday, July 23rd and checked out today Thursday, July 26th. We paid $144/night plus taxes and tourism levy for a king sized bed with a 2 person jetted tub. There was a beer cap sitting on the ledge of the tub when we checked in - which made me question if the tub had been cleaned. The bed and pillows were soft and provided a good night sleep. The a/c sounded like it might die at any minute and even with ear plugs in woke us up one night as it dripped and the motor started chugging harder. There was a brick or vent sized hole in our floor that was carpeted over by the door. The floor was not even at all and I found myself tripping/rolling my ankles in the voids. The shower had no water pressure, which was strange considering the jetted tub did. The shower temperature varied depending on if your neighbors were using the water. It went from warm to cold to scalding without you moving the dial. Was not asked how the stay was when we checked out - figured they didn't want to know, so based on that I decided to write a review.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 17 July 2012

When I visited this historic hotel in PEI, I just expected one of the economical hotel.
What a surprise, however! The beds are really comfortable. As soon as I lied on the bed,
I fell down to sleep. It was a super comfortable bed. The hallways and lobby are clean.
Our bedroom is also spotlessly clean. In the morning, the breakfast was so nice. The breakfast items looked like those of luxury hotel's. They have yogurt and waffles,too. Even the staff was really nice. When I was sitting and eating on the breakfast area, he approched me and asked me if everything in my room and that breakfast area OK or not. What a nice experience I have in this hotel. I recommend this hotel 100 % when you go to PEI. I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank FriendinMiramichi
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Most hotels/motels/B 'n B's in Charlottetown are very pricey! After some hunting, we found this one & couldn't have been more pleased. The check in staff was friendly, courteous & more than helpful with tourist ideas & folklore. Our room was in the older section but it had been renovated & was clean..best of all...the bed was a dream. Breakfast had lots of options. Check out staff was more than helpful & informative.

Room Tip: North rear outside area had been renovated it was clean & quiet...ideal for us.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Dear drive830miami,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I was very happy to hear about your experience interacting with our staff. We believe in a personal touch & a good night's sleep business and it's always nice to hear that we are delivering on what we believe in.

I wish you happy travels and if you are ever in the area again it would be our pleasure to host you.

Kindest regards,

Brody Lambe

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I was a little hesitant at first to book this hotel due to some of the reviews, however, it soon became obvious that they were far from accurate. My check-in was fast and the agent was friendly, the room was CLEAN and actually had more than I expected (microwave & mini-fridge), also had nice solid wood furniture, that I inquired about at the desk and was told it was made by an local woodworker. I really didn't know where to go for dinner and the agent took the time to not only recommend but also offered and made the reservation for me.

While having breakfast (which included hot waffles!!mmmm! Mamaqtuq as I would say in Inuktituit :) I was talking to some other guests who also were happy with the location of the hotel and the friendly staff.

There was plenty of space for my truck & trailer and also lots of green space where I could walk my dog Ishai. I would recommend this for those who want a central location to explore the Island and also get a lot for your money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right of the hotel have a nice view of the creek
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Dear NunavutChick,

Thank you for your kind words. We are constantly trying to improve on our product and all comments help us to see what we need to focus on more. The one thing we need to ask is what could we have done to make your stay even better!

Thank you for taking the time to write us, and we hope to host you again sometime soon.

Kindest regards,