“it was fine for a night's stay”
Review of Queens Arms Inn

Queens Arms Inn
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
montreal
“it was fine for a night's stay”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Outside is not bad. Inside is older motel. could do with some renovations. That being said, the beds were surprisingly comfortable. My friend had to give me a lesson in how to work the shower. And a pink bathroom. hmmmm....but it functioned regardless. Breakfast was included, but apart from the waffle machine (great) less than impressed with the offerings. The floors creaked and carpets could do with a good wash. But like i said. its fine if you're watching your budget closely and a short stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We recently stayed at the Econo Lodge for a few nights. We basically stayed here to save some money. Our room was in the basement, walking into our room it smelt musty. Room appeared fairly clean, however when we looked at the bed, there was blood on the mattress cover and something on the bottom of the comforter. We called to have the bed completely changed. Breakfast was offered daily - toast, yogart, waffles, bagels. I personally would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the basement if possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NLH85

Travellers are raving about these Charlottetown hotels

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 27 August 2013

When you hear "Econo Lodge," you don't think "vacation destination." And this is certainly no destination resort. But if you happen to need a night or two in Charlottetown and don't want to spend a lot of money, it's completely acceptable. Yes, the condition of the property is a little run-down (that's why it's an Econolodge and not a Comfort Inn), but most things "work" and the owner is certainly trying to run the best motel he can with the resources he has. And others have noted breakfast is pretty typical for a motel in this class (better than the last econolodge breakfast I had) and the rooms and beds are reasonably comfortable. I stayed here using my Choice Privileges points, and since they didn't require a lot of points, it was a good deal that way.

Bottomline, if I needed a cheap motel in Charlottetown, I'd consider staying here again. For a vacation on the island, I'd stay elsewhere.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave's_reviews
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This motel is old and in desperate need of renovations. We were given a small room with a queen bed which was like a sauna. The window air conditioner was old and took forever to cool the room. We werent able to close the curtains completely as they draped over the AC. The ice machine was out of order. The floor creeked when you walked in the room.The only saving grace was the front desk was friendly and was willing to give us another room with the AC in the wall. Not worth the price we paid.
Overall, I was not impressed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I booked one night on here while visiting for business. I come to Charlottetown regularly and this is the first time I have stayed here. I realize it is the base experience within the Choice line of properties, but this was a little too base for me. The rooms need serious updating and renewal, musty smell. Things were coming apart in many ways. The free internet didn't really reach my room well at all. I checked in late so I just went to sleep instead of complain. Noticed an outdoor pool but closed so didn't experience it. The free breakfast was typical of the same in most places really basic. The staff seemed very friendly and also very helpful. But I want a little more comfort and real cleanliness when I travel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

This property is in my opinion a step up from most Econo lodges out there. I booked it online cuz it was in my budget and still fairly close to downtown Charlottetown. The girl who checked us in was very pleasant and quick in getting us settled in. The room layouts were a little strange with the beds being separated by a partial wall where the bathroom is but that didn't really bother me at all. In fact it gives one a little extra privacy if anything and that was kinda nice. Stayed for 2 nights and liked the selection of amenities nearby for food and shopping. I would probably stay here again next time in in PEI.

• Stayed April 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I chose to stay here as I got a good deal online. I wished that I would have booked up the street somewhere else! We walked in and the two beds were placed on either side of the bathroom. I've never seen a hotel room set up that way The amount of noise coming through the walls was significant. Continental Breakfast was pretty standard. Should have spent a little more money to stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank monnomestgrace
EconoLodgePEI, General Manager at Queens Arms Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Hello,

Very sorry to hear about your personal experience. Those rooms are unique, there are 7 on the top & bottom of that wing, some appreciate them for the semi-partition privacy it offers. Our hotel is staffed 24 hours a day and with our commitment to your satisfaction guarantee we make to all our guests we could have dealt with swiftly & promptly any noise complaints as reported or have moved you to a more suitable room upon request. We wish you happy travels, and in the future please consider us again.

Kindest regards,