“Good Location, Good Value” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Queens Arms Inn
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Wolfville, Nova Scotia
“Good Location, Good Value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Have stayed here 3 times. The property is older and very basic, but rooms are comfortable and clean. There is an outdoor pool, but no lounge chairs, and no real pool deck.

Rooms on upper floor in main building are larger.

If you are looking for a memory, don't stay here. If you are looking for good value, pleasant staff, and basic accommodation in a good location, this is the spot. Half the price of hotels in downtown Charlottetown.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are larger and brighter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lacombe, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

General Manager - Ramsey - exceptional!!!

We arrived here for a week long stay and after having a bad experience somewhere else the night before, I wanted to be sure we had a nice room. Ramsey showed us a few different rooms in what I call the 'motel' portion of this building (drive up rooms) and when I had a question about the last one, he took us to the 'hotel' portion (2 storey area) and showed me a much nicer room. When I inquired about the price, he offered it for the already low price we had. If I was to stay here again, I would definitely stay in the 'hotel' side as the rooms are nicer.

The room was clean and comfortable.

I didn't rate this higher because I wasn't impressed with the continental breakfast - I felt there were too many sweets for breakfast (cookies and cake?) - and when it was busy, there wasn't enough staff to keep it stocked so it was often almost empty. A staff member dedicated to this area for the few hours it's open would have been great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy E
Wolfville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I booked through Hotwire and checked in but my room only had one bed and my son and I needed two. I told them and with no fuss they fixed us up. The room was a nice layout and met our needs. I got a phone call from the front desk they found a cord from my sons I touch on the floor. Then in the morning I left my purse in the breakfast room and they called me to tell me. At breakfast they made sure we had what we needed and even made the waffles for you if you liked. Great location, nice rooms and wonderful service. You feel cared for!

Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Mojog
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed 4 nights at Econolodge. It is a basic hotel, not a resort therefore does not have all the amenities a resort or high-class hotel would offer. The staff are super friendly, and the rooms are very clean. It is perfect for the average person looking for cozy, relaxing sleep. The location is very good - you can easily get to anywhere within the city from here. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank William V
montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Outside is not bad. Inside is older motel. could do with some renovations. That being said, the beds were surprisingly comfortable. My friend had to give me a lesson in how to work the shower. And a pink bathroom. hmmmm....but it functioned regardless. Breakfast was included, but apart from the waffle machine (great) less than impressed with the offerings. The floors creaked and carpets could do with a good wash. But like i said. its fine if you're watching your budget closely and a short stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Regina, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We recently stayed at the Econo Lodge for a few nights. We basically stayed here to save some money. Our room was in the basement, walking into our room it smelt musty. Room appeared fairly clean, however when we looked at the bed, there was blood on the mattress cover and something on the bottom of the comforter. We called to have the bed completely changed. Breakfast was offered daily - toast, yogart, waffles, bagels. I personally would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the basement if possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NLH85

Travellers are raving about these Charlottetown hotels

Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

When you hear "Econo Lodge," you don't think "vacation destination." And this is certainly no destination resort. But if you happen to need a night or two in Charlottetown and don't want to spend a lot of money, it's completely acceptable. Yes, the condition of the property is a little run-down (that's why it's an Econolodge and not a Comfort Inn), but most things "work" and the owner is certainly trying to run the best motel he can with the resources he has. And others have noted breakfast is pretty typical for a motel in this class (better than the last econolodge breakfast I had) and the rooms and beds are reasonably comfortable. I stayed here using my Choice Privileges points, and since they didn't require a lot of points, it was a good deal that way.

Bottomline, if I needed a cheap motel in Charlottetown, I'd consider staying here again. For a vacation on the island, I'd stay elsewhere.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family