The hotel was very well located to lots of dining/shopping & attractions. The staff were friendly, the hotel was well-renovated & decorated.
Other reviewers are correct, the room was more European in size (i.e. not cramped, but efficiently sized). However, the room was extremely clean and had all the amenities of a hotel.
If you are a foodie, and not trying to watch your budget, I recommend taking advantage of the many nearby restaurants instead of the complimentary breakfast provided. The breakfast was not five star cuisine (but perfectly on par with any breakfast in mid-range hotels) and also a nice touch & just fine for anyone looking for some added value to their stay or a quick fuel-up.
Other reviewer's complaints about noise was not a problem, but that may depend on the type of room you book. The interior-accessible room was quieter and more like a hotel, than the exterior 'motel' rooms. It wasn't the least expensive option, but with CAA discount, it was reasonably priced and fair value for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a marked fresh, urban style, The Hotel on Pownal is a modern boutique hotel ideal for those who shy away from conventionality. Located in the heart of downtown Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island on historic Pownal Street, we're within a breath of shopping, fabulous dining, and the beautiful Charlottetown waterfront & boardwalk. We invite you to stay at The Hotel on Pownal - Urban Comfort & Conference Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Hotel on Pownal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islander Guestrooms Hotel
- The Hotel On Pownal Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada