The Hotel on Pownal
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodd Charlottetown(Charlottetown)
Dundee Arms Inn(Charlottetown)
View Hotel
The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
  • Pool
The Harbour House(Charlottetown)
The Sonata Inn(Charlottetown)
The Great George(Charlottetown)
Suites of Euston(Charlottetown)
View Hotel
Delta Hotels Prince Edward(Charlottetown)
  • Pool
All reviewscookieshotel has free parkingwithin walking distanceno elevatorhard boiled eggscontinental breakfastdowntown charlottetownlocal beerthe pilot housecomfortable bedsfrittatabreakfast areafrench toastvery nice stayqueen streetconvenient locationconfederation centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Facilities, location, services & staff at Hotel on Pownal are excellent. The added attention to details and amenities was a refreshing and welcomed change to the larger chains. Located in the downtown core with free parking, friendly & helpful staff, modern well appointed rooms, evening refreshments and a great breakfast all included at very reasonable rates - what more could one ask for? Cheers!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ksamuel, Manager at The Hotel on Pownal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Hotel on Pownal.

The Hotel certainly has a that small town charm about it that larger chain hotels have a hard time matching. Due to our smaller size, our staff members are able to connect with our guests and create that homey feeling, spend time on every detail, and ensure our guests leave with positive experiences.

Thank you again for your comments and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Arrived at 3 am due to Air Canada's poor service. Night clerk was fantastic, pointed out all the hotel's points while carrying my luggage to the room. Front end staff bent over backwards to assist, arranged restaurant reservations for me. Room quiet. My suite has full kitchen with stove, microwave, frig, toaster, coffee maker etc.plus separate sitting room and private bedroom. Close walking distance to downtown. Reasonably price $156. No elevators but lots of rooms at ground level. No pool. Restaurants galore close by, try Lot 30 for great seafood.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ksamuel, Manager at The Hotel on Pownal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to review the Hotel on Pownal on this site.

I am glad that your stay with us was such a positive experience. Our Efficiency Rooms are certainly well equipped to look after every need.

Thank you again for your stay and hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Since first reviewing The Hotel on Pownal in Charletown, PEI, Canada we have stayed at this property on three subsequent visits to PEI. We highly recommend this hotel for reasonable rates, close proximity to the center of the Charlottetown business and theatre district and overall high standards at the hotel. The rooms are of modest size but well appointed with good quality furnishings. Staff are very friendly and are willing to go out of their way to help make your visit to PEI enjoyable. The Hotel on Pownal is our hotel of choice in Charlottetown providing best value for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dhankinson

I certainly appreciate that you and your family have chosen the Hotel on Pownal as your preferred Hotel when in Charlottetown.

It is certainly a pleasure when guests share their their lives with us and allow us to get to know them better. That personal connection is what gives the Hotel that home away from home feeling.

Thank you and congratulations again on your Granddaughter's graduation.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel on Pownal for a few days on our first trip to PEI for a friend’s wedding. The Hotel on Pownal is situated in downtown Charlottetown and walking distance to many restaurants and attractions in Charlottetown (Confederation Landing, Province House, etc.). Our room was spacious, quiet, clean and very comfortable. For taking part in their green initiative (not having our room cleaned everyday) we received a voucher for a local restaurant, which was pretty awesome. The free breakfast in the morning was amazing and constantly replenished. It definitely helped to fuel us for all the sightseeing we did. We especially loved the fresh baked cookies that were available throughout the day and night in their kitchen. Very yummy! They also provided us with towels for our trips to the beach and National Park passes (which you sign out and return at the end of the day) so we didn’t have to pay entry to get into the National Park. This was a definite plus! Last but not least, I give this hotel 10 out of 10 for customer service! Everyone who worked here went above and beyond in making our stay an amazing one. The manager even drove me, my sister and two other guests to the wedding in New Glasgow, with his own car, because the shuttle that was supposed to pick us up never arrived. I mean, it doesn’t get any better than that! I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Charlottetown, PEI and stay here again myself if I ever return. Thank you Hotel on Pownal!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ksamuel, Manager at The Hotel on Pownal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

I appreciate all your positive comments.

Our staff is a big part of what makes the Hotel on Pownal such a great place to stay. Everyone working here has exceptional guest service skills and will go the extra mile to make your stay the best it can be.

I am glad you were able to enjoy all the amenities the Hotel has to offer, visit some of the Island's beautiful National Parks, and that you made it to the wedding on time.

Thank you again for your stay and feedback and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here on a recent business trip. I was pleased with this hotel. It is very conveniently located in very easy walking distance to everything important in Charlottetown: Confederation Centre for the Arts, The Guild, many fine restaurants, Province House, Victoria Row, and if you care to visit the downtown mall it is also right there.

There was a problem in an adjoining room with burst pipes, but staff handled that very quickly and it had little effect on my stay. I appreciated the concern staff had for me in that situation. Problems do happen, to me it is all about how they are handled.

There is a good breakfast buffet included and complimentary happy hour in the bar is worth a visit, too. Internet access was very good, which is essential for me. My room was comfortable and seemed relatively recently renovated so it had that clean and crisp feel about it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this site.

As the Hotel's location is close to pretty much everything that Charlottetown has to offer, you are certainly correct in noting that our central location lends itself to exploring the Town. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our evening guest reception and breakfast.

Thanks again for your feedback and wish you all the best in your future travels.