The Hotel on Pownal (pronounced PAWN-L) is structured with the convenience of a motel where you can drive right up to your room, but is much higher end than your typical motel. There is no pool or fitness room. The staff are friendly and helpful.
The rooms are very clean. If you forgo room service for a day, they offer a coupon that takes $10 off a meal at 10 different restaurants. I thought these were probably restaurants far outside of town, or ones I would never consider eating at, but I was wrong. They are high quality restaurants, many of them in the downtown core within walking distance of the hotel.
Rooms come with a free breakfast. The breakfast is typical hotel fare with one hot item a day (pancakes or waffles on the 2 days we were there). My only complaint was that they were slow to fill up on items they ran out of. We were told they offer free cookies after 3:00 p.m. but were never there to taste them.
The place had to be fully booked when we were there, judging by how full the parking lot was (the hotel has free parking) but it was as quiet as a church both nights.
The location is one block off the main street, so very conevnient to all the downtown attractions, but quieter than perhaps the hotels directly downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a marked fresh, urban style, The Hotel on Pownal is a modern boutique hotel ideal for those who shy away from conventionality. Located in the heart of downtown Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island on historic Pownal Street, we're within a breath of shopping, fabulous dining, and the beautiful Charlottetown waterfront & boardwalk. We invite you to stay at The Hotel on Pownal - Urban Comfort & Conference Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Hotel on Pownal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islander Guestrooms Hotel
- The Hotel On Pownal Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada