We booked a 2 bedroom cottage online. When we arrived, we were met by a surly woman who had no knowledge of our reservation, saying she only handles telephone reservations, and she doesn't know where the Internet reservation person is.
So she takes us into a 2 bedroom cottage. The table is turned up on the sofa, the beds aren't made properly, the kitchen chairs are in the bathroom (because she says the carpets were just cleaned). The wallpaper is peeling off the walls, there's crown molding stood in a corner instead of on the wall. There's dump trunks outside putting new gravel in the driveways of the cottages, which means lots of exhaust, lots of noise. "We're getting ready for a busy tourist season", is the excuse the woman gives us. Newsflash! Tourist season started a month ago!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New for 2016! Brand new Wifi System for the entire property with additional access points. An exterior renovation has been completed on the Motel making way for larger private decks with patio sets. All of of bathrooms are now 100% renovated with new tubs, toilets, vanitys, bathroom fans and fixtures! 1 Bedroom Cottages now all have larger more private decks to accomodate more then 2 people. Property recieved major renovation in 2014 and more was completed in 2015 and 2016. Nestled in Charlottetown, PEI The Royalty Maples Motel & Cottages comprise of 10 cottages and 6 motel units. All units with complimentary High Speed Wireless InternetEach motel unit includes cable TV, double hide-a-bed, queen bed, and a fully equipped kitchen and bath. The 1 and 2 bedroom cottages each have 2 double beds, hide-a-bed, full kitchen and full bath. Each unit has a fully equipped kitchen to make your stay even more affordable or to produce that special home cooked lobster dinner. As well we have BBQ for rent to help create that full cottage experience. When time allows take advantage of our well-maintained spacious grounds to play lawn games, beach volleyball or just sit back and relax in the sun.We are close to all amenities, including restaurants, beaches, shopping, golfing and the Charlottetown Airport. With the Charlottetown Mall virtually across the street, shopping is just a walk away.The Royalty Maples is proud to be Pet Friendly so feel free to bring along that special travel companion Office Hours: 8:00am - 10:00pm Daily. Check in: 2:00pm Check out: 10:00am ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royalty Maples Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royalty Maples Cottages Hotel Charlottetown
- Royalty Maples Cottages And Motel Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada