Taking advantage of this evening of rain while I am still staying here to write a few reviews on my stay and adventures in Charlottetown. This is a great spot it is our first visit to Charlottetown. I am here on business and decided to bring the family. I called up to reserve a few weeks ago now and got a great deal on a weekly stay.Stay 6 nights and the 7th is free was the special offer for weekly stays that sold me on the phone. We are in a 1 bedroom cottage for 99 a night. Can't get much cheaper then that. The room has 2 double beds, with a large closet and dresser which is nice to have when you are somewheres for a week. Kitchen living room combined and pull out couch in the living room which my son says is comfortable. The beds are comfortable as well I will add.
Everything was spotless when we checked in. Kitchen seems to have everything. I don't know if there is everything to cook a turkey dinner with I haven't found anything that we are missing at the moment Check in was nice and quick. Went back up to the desk once we got settled and the young man got all the information and maps of the area to get me started for the week. The room is a bit dated (wood paneling). The carpet must be newer it still seems to have that fresh new carpet smell and it looks to be in realy good shape. Bathroom is probably only a few years old. Kitchen is a little older. Nice TV flat panel larger size which is nice to have. The place is really clean and everything seems to being getting updated as it needs it and all the odler stuff is working and well maintained
Housekeeping has been great each day we are well stocked for everything we need they haven't missed a day. We've always had enough towels and supplies haven't had to ask for extra of anything.
One thing I must mention is the Internet which was a must when I called I asked how good it was and the person on the phone said it has to be one of the best around and that it never goes down and it was just upgraded this summer. He was right. I find hotel internet always slow and on and off and on and off this has been up for me and FAST FAST FAST.
Location has been good for me just turn right out of the parking lot and that road takes you right downtown. Only about 5 minutes if you hit all green lights.
All in all its a great spot. Its nice and quiet I have been able to get a bit of work done in the evening the kids have been outside playing in the worlds largest sandbox(a beach volleyball court). Its nice becuase the no vacancy sign has been up all week and I have noticed cars at all the units and it still doesn't feel busy here. The street out front is busy but you don't notice it at all over night or evening in the evening when your sitting out on your deck. I will be back if and when I return to PEI
One note some cottages seem to have a larger deck on them and look a little bigger these are a good size but they look like they would be a little larger not sure what the difference is beside the big deck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New for 2016! Brand new Wifi System for the entire property with additional access points. An exterior renovation has been completed on the Motel making way for larger private decks with patio sets. All of of bathrooms are now 100% renovated with new tubs, toilets, vanitys, bathroom fans and fixtures! 1 Bedroom Cottages now all have larger more private decks to accomodate more then 2 people. Property recieved major renovation in 2014 and more was completed in 2015 and 2016. Nestled in Charlottetown, PEI The Royalty Maples Motel & Cottages comprise of 10 cottages and 6 motel units. All units with complimentary High Speed Wireless InternetEach motel unit includes cable TV, double hide-a-bed, queen bed, and a fully equipped kitchen and bath. The 1 and 2 bedroom cottages each have 2 double beds, hide-a-bed, full kitchen and full bath. Each unit has a fully equipped kitchen to make your stay even more affordable or to produce that special home cooked lobster dinner. As well we have BBQ for rent to help create that full cottage experience. When time allows take advantage of our well-maintained spacious grounds to play lawn games, beach volleyball or just sit back and relax in the sun.We are close to all amenities, including restaurants, beaches, shopping, golfing and the Charlottetown Airport. With the Charlottetown Mall virtually across the street, shopping is just a walk away.The Royalty Maples is proud to be Pet Friendly so feel free to bring along that special travel companion Office Hours: 8:00am - 10:00pm Daily. Check in: 2:00pm Check out: 10:00am ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royalty Maples Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royalty Maples Cottages Hotel Charlottetown
- Royalty Maples Cottages And Motel Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada