“Clean, conveinient, comfortable and cheap!”

Royalty Maples Cottages and Motel
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Ottawa, Canada
“Clean, conveinient, comfortable and cheap!”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Taking advantage of this evening of rain while I am still staying here to write a few reviews on my stay and adventures in Charlottetown. This is a great spot it is our first visit to Charlottetown. I am here on business and decided to bring the family. I called up to reserve a few weeks ago now and got a great deal on a weekly stay.Stay 6 nights and the 7th is free was the special offer for weekly stays that sold me on the phone. We are in a 1 bedroom cottage for 99 a night. Can't get much cheaper then that. The room has 2 double beds, with a large closet and dresser which is nice to have when you are somewheres for a week. Kitchen living room combined and pull out couch in the living room which my son says is comfortable. The beds are comfortable as well I will add.

Everything was spotless when we checked in. Kitchen seems to have everything. I don't know if there is everything to cook a turkey dinner with I haven't found anything that we are missing at the moment Check in was nice and quick. Went back up to the desk once we got settled and the young man got all the information and maps of the area to get me started for the week. The room is a bit dated (wood paneling). The carpet must be newer it still seems to have that fresh new carpet smell and it looks to be in realy good shape. Bathroom is probably only a few years old. Kitchen is a little older. Nice TV flat panel larger size which is nice to have. The place is really clean and everything seems to being getting updated as it needs it and all the odler stuff is working and well maintained

Housekeeping has been great each day we are well stocked for everything we need they haven't missed a day. We've always had enough towels and supplies haven't had to ask for extra of anything.

One thing I must mention is the Internet which was a must when I called I asked how good it was and the person on the phone said it has to be one of the best around and that it never goes down and it was just upgraded this summer. He was right. I find hotel internet always slow and on and off and on and off this has been up for me and FAST FAST FAST.

Location has been good for me just turn right out of the parking lot and that road takes you right downtown. Only about 5 minutes if you hit all green lights.

All in all its a great spot. Its nice and quiet I have been able to get a bit of work done in the evening the kids have been outside playing in the worlds largest sandbox(a beach volleyball court). Its nice becuase the no vacancy sign has been up all week and I have noticed cars at all the units and it still doesn't feel busy here. The street out front is busy but you don't notice it at all over night or evening in the evening when your sitting out on your deck. I will be back if and when I return to PEI

One note some cottages seem to have a larger deck on them and look a little bigger these are a good size but they look like they would be a little larger not sure what the difference is beside the big deck.

Room Tip: Take a cottage its like your own little home!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank Dom S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Happy to discover Royalty Maples.
Clean,quiet and friendly.Will go back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank rose154976
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Chris and his staff are amazing! I shopped and compared all around Charlottetown & the Royaly Maples was by far the best value in town!! My 4yr old son was a big fan of the family friendly grounds and atmosphere!

Thank you Chris and Staff we will be back in October!

Robin & Rayner Smith
Calgary, Alberta

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Raynerman
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We had 8 family members from 9 to 90. We all enjoyed out stay. 3 of the family are from England. For one, it was his first trip. The cottages are neat and clean. If we didn't have it, the staff got it for us. These cottages are minutes from everything in Charlottetown, and a great spot to situate for Island tours. A few minutes from the Beach. Half an hour of less from Cavendish.

Our next Island tour will definitely be from Royalty Maples Cottages. Did I mention the friendly staff???

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank jozel_travellers
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We stayed in a motel unit for two nights at the beginning of our visit to PEI and again for two nights at the end. The first time we stayed we got unlucky and had noisy neighbors playing music or video games until late at night. This is not really the fault of the motel management except that I didn't see anything about quiet hours anywhere. And the walls are paper-thin. The motel is a bit out of town near some main roads, so it seems to draw an odd crowd. However, the second time we stayed it was perfectly quiet.

A bigger issue is that housekeeping in the motel unit was rather inconsistent. On our first stay, there were no bars of soap provided; we assumed this was standard (most of the place is cottages, after all) and went with it (there is a grocery store nearby) - but the second time we stayed there were bars of soap, and the second night there was even shampoo! Also the second time when we arrived there were no towels in the room so we had to ask for them. The housekeeper also threw away my shower cap between the first and second nights, which I was not pleased about - it was not something the motel had provided (I had gotten it from a different hotel, so it was the clear, cheap kind) so they should not have touched it.

The staff is very friendly and they also stored two suitcases for us between our two stays, so overall it is a decent place. Just not the highest standards around.

Room Tip: An end unit in the motel will ensure that your bed is against an outer wall instead of a shared wall...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sbstraveler
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Stayed at the Royalty Maples for 5 nights while visiting from Australia. We toured the Island and found this spot to be highly accessbale to everything on PEI. First 3 nights in a cottage and 2 nights in the motel. Overall this is a very well kept property. It says its a 2.5 star which probably explains why the units are a litte dated but the conveinece of the location, having your own kitchen and the CLEANLINESS makes it easy to look beyond. We did enjoy the cottage a little better then the motel but we knew this when we arrived at the property that all the cottages were booked for nights 4 and 5. It was nice to have the extra space in the cottage I believe we paid $119 and then $89 for a motel room with a kitchen I don't think you can go wrong with these rates in Charlottetown after we noticed what a few of the other properties were charging. Especially to have your own cottage in a city for $119...Correct me if I am wrong but would say it is a rare opportunity. Check out time says 10am but we were told we could take our time and stay until 12pm or so if needed. WIFI worked better then any other property we had stayed at on our month Vacation. At checkin we asked for a few recomendations on places to eat and everyone of them proved to be excellent. We highly recommend just like we were told Water Prince Corner Shop, Gahan Microbrewery and Simms Steakhouse.

Thank you for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank jmccoy66
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My wife and another couple booked a weekend here this month in a cottage and we couldn't have asked for anything more. We were in a cottage with 2 bedrooms which had a nice large new deck on the front of it. (Lacking some patio furnture) but apparently its coming soon. This place isn't the delta or best western or something it is older but everything was spotless ITS A COTTAGE! I believe we paid $99 per night for our own cottage where we were able to sit in relax be a little louder and not have to worry about a person on the other side of the wall. It was just the weekend the four of us were looking for. Minutes from town yet when your there you feel like you are away and have that relaxed nothing to worry about feeling. We usually visit the island a couple times a year I think we have found our spot!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple