“Stay away !!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Calgary, Canada
“Stay away !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Made a reservation online through the PEI tourism site but had to cancel due to unforseen circumstances so called on a Sunday to cancel. All I got was the answering machine so decided since it was a sunday not a big deal, everyone deserves a day of rest. Called on Monday morning and got the same answering machine so left my name and number with a message to call me back. No call back so called again on Monday evening and was able to speak to a person but they informed me that they were not in the office at the moment so I gave him my information and he said as soon as he gets back to the office he will cancel my reservation and send me an email with the cancellation number. Still nothing by Wednesday so I sent an email to confirm the reservation was cancelled. It is now Friday evening and still no email or phone call to let me know that they have cancelled my reservation so I tried calling again and got the answering service but this time the message was that the message box was full so couldn't leave a message. Very frustrating, definately not the way to run a business. Would never recommend this place.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We booked this place on line based on some of the good reviews here. We called and said we would be on the late flight from Toronto, getting us in around 10:30 PM on a Friday, so not too late. We arrived and there was a note for us in the door that they had gone to bed, and saying our room was open and the key inside. It was really dark in the parking lot but we found our room, and room was locked! Great. Luckily I had broken into many of my friends' houses as a prank when I was a kid, along with my other friends (This is Canada, so no fear of getting shot!) so I was able to remove the screen window and climb through and open the door.

The room was small and cold and very outdated, but there was no other choice.

We only stayed one night, thankfully.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CanadaMoi

Travellers are raving about these Charlottetown hotels

Hampton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I do not recommend this place. We were travelling with our adult children for an overnight stay in PEI and were very disappointed with the accommodations Cottage #3. It was not cheap we paid almost 180.00 for the night. The bath/shower had no rubber mat for the tub and was extremely slippery. Not enough facecloths for the 4 of us and very very outdated and shabby and not overly clean. Sorry

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
North Sydney, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

you know, it is what it is. yes the cottages are old and the decor certainly reflects this but everything you need is there, right down to a plunger. the beds were very comfortable, i slept like a baby. the place was clean and i felt comfortable. loved the shower, lots of pressure. after traveling around the island all day, it was nice to come home and sit out on the veranda for hours and relax with out the misquitos bothering us. never saw one. a few earwigs outside but hey, i got them here at home. if you want new, pay the $300 a night, not me!!!

Room Tip: go one street over on mount edward st and eat at Outfitters cook house, the food and prices were fan...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Louretta S
montreal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We booked this motel so we could rest a little on our trip back from the Magdalene's islands before we were heading for a 12 hours road trip, back home.
I called them when I booked, to let them know that we were arriving very late at night by the Ferry from Souris and they said there was no problem and we could check in 24h a day; but when we arrived at 2 a.m, the office was closed and the check in machine at the front displayed "No Vacancy". I tried entering my credit card or punch my reservation number but nothing happened.
We called and called the emergency number but no one answered and we were left out with my mother and my son outside at 2 a.m, having nowhere to go.
Fortunately the gentlemen at the Rodd Royalty Hotel front desk helped us find a room at the Howard Johnson hotel in Charlottetown and we had the chance to have a bit of sleep at 3 a.m.
I would not recommend this motel since they are completely unreliable .

H.M from Montreal Q.C

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nadine c
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and I stayed in a one bedroom cottage last week. No complaints. The place was very clean all the sheets and towels were spotless had that new feel to them. Smaller bathroom but it was clean. Had a good kitchen we didn't really use it but had everything. Slept great love being in a cottage and not sharing a wall with someone. Air conditioning worked well and wasn't a noisy old machine wifi worked great too. Housekeepers were in each day and replenished everything. All in all good stay will be back.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Bob J
RoyaltyMaples, Owner at Royalty Maples Cottages and Motel, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Your review is very much appreciated. We love hearing all comments and feedback about the property and guests experiences.

Thank you.
Renfrew, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Staff here are very pleasant and helpful. Consist of a motel and a number of cabins all of which are clean with updated paints. A full kitchen is included with dishes, utensils and pots & pans. They seem to cater to families as there is a large play area with a volleyball court. Grills & umbrellas are at most cabins. WiFi was very good. Plenty of restaurants and fast food outlets within a short drive. Quiet area. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cleoder
Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you again!