“Waste of Money”

COWS Creamery Tours
Ranked #20 of 48 Tours in Charlottetown
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The factory tours are terrible. You spend $5/person, so a family of 6 was 30 dollars. Then you walk through only to see a bunch of videos. No one was working. I could youtube how to make ice cream. You're money is better spent on a cone, considering after the tour we still had to wait 15 min in that line to get a cone. My kids were so irritated by the end, not a good experience at all. If you're insistent on going, buy your cone first. At least give you something to do while watching videos.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"canada"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 27 August 2013

$5 tour promising "samples". first sample-chocolate covered potato chips. not a full chip mind you, they break them up and you get a bitty piece. second sample-cheese. it was good. third sample-ice cream. this is where it got a little weird. they give you a sample about the size of a golf ball in the little paper cups like the ones you put ketchup in and you suck it out............really! I was assuming that at least we'd receive a mini cone, or mini cup of ice cream. this is after you walk to three windows, look into manufacturing area (where no one was working) and see 3 videos. I was so disappointed that we spent $20 bucks on this that we left without even buying a cone outside! most "tours" of this nature are free, and for $5 I expected some ICE CREAM SAMPLING. don't bother with this one, go to Cavendish instead and see firsthand how they dye the PEI
dirt shirts---for free---and even speak to a live employee about it!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The tour costs 5$ per person, not worth it. Like other reviewers have said, the tour is heavy on the videos, and very light on the behind the scenes "how it is made." The group was large, which made it even more difficult to get anything of significance out of the tour. I have been on other factory tours that were free, and much, much more engaging and revealing.
The ice cream and the clever t-shirts are more than enough.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stopping at COWs has been a tradition in our family for the past 16 years of vacationing on the Island. My son still likes to pick up a 'punny' T-shirt ( Game of Cones!) and enjoy an ice cream. This year I ordered a two scoop cone for myself and he wanted a hot fudge sundae. The young lady asked him what he wanted on it..er, hot fudge sauce?? Then she came over to inform him that THEY HAD NO WHIPPED CREAM!! Really? In a place that makes ice cream? He wasn't as disturbed by this as he was by the flabby and soft waffle bowl it came in ( which he pitched after eating the ice cream) Two scooper in waffle cone and the sundae came to 12.45! You can go down the road to Gass's and get a two scoop for $2.00 it's not COWs but if you have a crew of kids it must get pricey.

1  Thank MadameX27