“Mediocre at best”

Ranked #41 of 252 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Situated in historic Charlottetown, Water St. Fish & Chips prides itself in providing customers with a taste of Prince Edward Island. Supporting local farmers and fishermen, we use only the finest ingredients and handed down recipes for a combination of flavors that satisfy your every craving.
Charlottetown, Canada
“Mediocre at best”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Definitely not worth $20 for an order of fish & chips and blah tartar sauce. Seafood chowder had no lobster although the menu says it does, instead it has mostly Pollock, yes Pollock, imitation crab, bleech! Also the "cup" is just that, about three spoonfuls. I'll be heading elsewhere for my chowder or fish & chips. If you prefer, you can sit outside on their lovely roadside terrace overlooking a stop sign so you can enjoy the fumes of idling cars....mmm mmm appetising.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sue C

“Wow”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We ended up here as there was an emergency going on on Queen street. Ordered two piece cod battered and the English style chips. Should have stayed with the one piece. Delicious and ample. Friendly waitress and extremely fast. Hit another jackpot. Excellent.

Toronto, Canada
“Fabulous Fish & Chips!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just had lunch there today on a beautiful day in Charlottetown...sat on the patio and had 1 piece of halibut and chips and my husband had the same with onion rings instead. The portions are huge, no idea how anyone can eat 2 pieces hahaha! The chips and fish were amazing, the onion rings were okay, a little too greasy. Definitely recommend this place!

• Visited June 2014
Charlottetown, Canada
“Brit's is better”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Pros:
Nice decor
Service was ok (not great but ok)

Cons:
No refills
Soft drink in a bottle
Hot hamburger was open faced, not stated on the menu
Gravy was disgusting
Fries seemed a little overcooked
Could have been more fries
Waitress didn't know the menu (my girlfriend had to repeat the order)
No Water served
20 minute wait to food (in an empty restaurant)

I've eaten at Brit's, generally a good experience. I was surprised the food wasn't as good at Water Street. I've been told getting your soft drink in a glass bottle is "trendy". Ok, give the option. But if I wanted to get gouged for a bottle of pop, I'd go to a gas station and pay 2.50 there (and ironically I could get a bigger bottle). I don't think I'd go back, and wouldn't recommend.

• Visited March 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Delicious Fish & Chips”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We toured the Maritimes and I ate nothing but seafood for 2 weeks. Had many Fish & Chips meals, and this is one of the best we had! We split the Halibut and Chips because the portions were large! The Halibut was fresh, cooked smooth and flaky, and the batter had a good crunch. Fries were thick-cut and fresh, not greasy.

Would love to visit again and try other items on the menu. The Fish & Chips were impressionable enough for me to come back and give it a good review.

• Visited October 2013