“Very nice”

Ranked #3 of 44 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Western US
“Very nice”
Reviewed 12 October 2005

We have not stayed in many B&B's, so it is harder for us to rate it against others. However I do know that The Snapdragon was scrupulously clean, the bath was luxurious, and our room was a good size. I peeked in the smaller upstairs room, and I did not think I would have been comfortable in it. The setting is lovely and very convenient for walking to most of the rest of Charlottetown. The hosts were nice, but I wouldn't gush and say they "treated us like family". The breakfast was very good, with lovely presentation. Though the portions were fine for me, my husband left each breakfast hungry. I would have appreciated having the computer be more accessable, without having to ask for permission to use it first. One of the staff, Valerie, gave us great directions to many lovely and special places that only a local would know.

• Stayed August 2004
5 Thank EmmaKnightlee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2005

We stayed at the Snapdragon B & B on our way through Charlottetown PEI while on our one-week whirl-wind tour of the Atlantic Provinces. We were very impressed with this beautiful bed and breakfast. The house is gorgeous and the rooms are clean and very tastefully decorated. Ours had a balcony that looked out onto the street. The bathroom was spotless and very nice. The B & B is located in the heart of historic Charlottetown -- a short 10 min walk to pubs, fine dining, local seafood places, historic areas, and shopping. The breakfast was elegant, and delicious. The dining room looks out onto the pretty gardens of the property. The owners Steve and Laura, and their staff made our visit so pleasurable. We are recommending the Snapdragon to all my friends and family, and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank Frannie_laa
Reviewed 10 January 2005

We were extremely pleased with the hospitality offered by our hosts Laura and Steve as they made us part of their home during our recent visit to Charlottetown. We were impressed with the attention to detail throughout the house and the breakfasts were outstanding! Thanks again!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 September 2004

Our hosts at this B&B, Laura and Steve Armour, made our stay in PEI a lovely and thoroughly comfortable experience. In fact, they indulged us. Upon our arrival they assisted us in every way, and we sat down together with a map of immediate environs (after our long driving) so that we'd find a perfect meal within walking distance. The breakfast table was something to behold, with crystal, silver, lace tablecloth. Steve's breakfast was inventive and elegant too, with flower blossoms accenting here and there. And we saw that each guest was welcomed equally to our own experience. Norman and I rate the Snapdragon with five, six, seven stars if they are available. The guests we met there were practically family members.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 September 2004

I recently returned from my Summer vacation to the Maritimes. We had a wonderful vacation and just wanted to comment on our Favorite B&B of the trip.
We had the pleasure of staying at the Snapdragon B&B in downtown Charlottetown. Not only was the location excellent, walking distance to downtown and the bordwalk, but the actual property and proprietors were a rare pleasure. The property is nestled between two of Charlottetown's heritage homes and situated on a beautiful tree lined street. Gardens abound and every room has a deck from which you can enjoy the flowers and many, many lovely birds.
The rooms are spacous and beautifully decorated. Hand made quilts by local artizans give a lovely warm feeling to the rooms. We had an absolutely lovely suite with a double bath tub as well as a fireplace. The home is clean and bright and not overstuffed like so many B&B's we have stayed at, room to move, breath and enjoy.
Our breakfast was so yummy we are still talking about it. The very best omlettes we have ever eaten! Thanks Steve!!
Laura and Steve, our hosts, were freindly and informative about the area and attractions avaliable for our pleasure. We could not have felt any more at home than we did at the Snapdragon.
I look forward to returning in cooler weather and snuggling by the fire with my sweetie.
All I can say is "Try it, you will love it!"

• Stayed August 2004
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 September 2004

Wow, I just read the previous review and those folks must be accustomed to a VERY different lifestyle.

OK, I can see how the lack of Victoriana clutter in a heritage home can be percieved as sterile, but the fireplaces in the rooms, the wonderful bathtubs (you'll have to find out for yourselves!), the towels that were thicker and softer than those in any 4-star hotel MORE than make up for the absence of dust collectors as far as I'm concerned. And the charm of the wooden four-poster beds, the lovely quilts in each room? Nice touch. Very personal.

And once I sat in that dining room and experienced the delicious breakfasts they produced, I found it very hard to leave! Comfortable, attractive, peaceful and SO close to the downtown and the water walk. What a terrific place! I shall return and next time, I'll stay longer.

Thanks, Steve and Laura for a wonderful holiday experience!

;-)

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 September 2004

We had the pleasure of spending two nights at the Snapdragon Bed & Breakfast in early Sept 2004. Our room was the Blue Room and was very lovely. The breakfast was definitely 5 stars and the company of the owners, Laura and Steve was wonderful. They have us lots of great hints for sightseeing, restaurants and shopping. They were very helpful.

We had our own personal veranda to sit and enjoy a glass of wine and enjoy the outdoors.

I would definitely make a trip back here and would not hesitate to recommend this lovely B&B to anyone looking for a very nice place to stay.

Thanks Laura and Steve for looking after us.

Pam and Les Whiklo