“Karaoke !”

The Factory Cookhouse & Dancehall
Ranked #42 of 255 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Factory Cookhouse & Dancehall on Hunter's Corner (affectionately dubbed The Factory) is Prince Edward Island's only dedicated Country escape! Following in the footsteps of our flagship restaurant, Hunter’s Ale House, we offer a combination of Hunter’s classics and Factory southern BBQ smokehouse favourites! Quesadillas & nachos, smokehouse chicken, poutine, steaks, seafood, & more – our menu boasts something for everyone. After dinner, the dance floor heats up with a mix of country and classic rock with local, regional and national acts cycling through so it’s always fresh and exciting. The party keeps going into the late-night with local DJ’s playing a unique balance of the music you want to hear. At The Factory, we stand on three pillars - Food, Friends & Fun!
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Went for the karaoke on a Tuesday night. Had tons of fun even though the bar was virtually empty minus the hostel group. Still had tons of fun.

There are newer reviews for The Factory Cookhouse & Dancehall

Reviewed 23 September 2013

my daughter and I went out for dinner and decided on THE FACTORY since we haven't tried it as of yet. .The restaurant was pretty much empty with the exception of one large table starting to slowly fill. I had viewed the menue online and was ready to try their brisket as I am a total red meat eater .Unknowingly and to our total benefit it was 2 for 1 fajita night ,so we decided to go with that. my daughter had the chicken and I chose the brisket ,AMAZING the brisket was so tender and juicy it was seasoned to perfection. the server was extremely attentive as was the manager, they came to inquire a number of times making sure we were satisfied or if we needed anything else .my daughter also enjoyed her dinner as well as a cocktail .I actually don't want to put in the BUT, however the only thing I have to say is I really didn't like being served on a small overly banged up tin plate. I understand the whole country bar theme ,but I think that was obvious right from the get go, I loved the food ,service even the restaurant just not the tin plates.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My spouse and I went for a walk by the water and decided to walk up on Kent St in Charlottetown. Many restaurants but we decided to go try The Factory Cookhouse as it seemed more private and less people.

We loved our experience; the people were friendly, prices decent and so much food! We had to bring a lot back home as we couldn't finish all of it. It was nice and private, music wasn't too loud, bathroom clean and fast, great service.

We will be going back for sure.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We decided to try the Factory for our first time yesterday. Reception was interesting, because the staff were busy, we were not sure if we should just find a place to sit or wait. (a sign would greatly help for this situaton) Eventually, someone came along and told us we could sit anywhere we wanted. During my meal, I also noticed other patrons stuck in the same situation which causes confusion.
We did have a very nice server.
We decided to try the steak special and a appetizer of pig skins (potato skin with pulled pork). Well this came out very cooked and very dry tasting and completely lacked taste.
Before we finished our steaks arrived and the same thing happened. Overcooked, no taste and very hard. Actually, I believe my belt would of tasted better with some sauce on it.

Overall the food was the negative expericence and not the staff.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

The staff at this restaurant was very friendly. Food was excellent, and they have a lunch menu which they promise to deliver in 15 minutes. That was important to us because we had reached rather late after getting off the ferry from Nova Scotia, and our kids were hungry (we didn't see anything worth stopping at along the way). The portions were huge - and their menu says that the lunch servings are smaller than the dinner ones! We sat at the sidewalk patio and enjoyed the weather and charm of downtown Charlottetown.