“Great spot!”

The Holman Grand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were there for our first wedding anniversary and the location was great. The location was Downtown, it had very clean and very modern amenities. Also, the hotel had very comfy beds and the staff was warm and welcoming.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank L
cmcphail, Manager at The Holman Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Congratulations on your anniversary! The team here at The Holman Grand Hotel is very pleased that we were able to make your celebrations so enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you for your next special occasion.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This relatively new hotel is in a prime location and modern in décor - nice clean European lines in furnishings and services. Rooms are well-equipped and WiFi at a pretty good rate. I dare say it is much better value and comfort than the Delta down the street.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay here The Holman Grand Hotel and thank you for your review!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We enjoyed our first stay at The Holman Grand on a recent trip to Charlottetown. Our room, with a lovely view of the town and harbour, was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. This was possibly the best sleep I've ever had in a hotel as I'm a light sleeper and it always takes me a couple of nights to settle in. The Holman Grand is well located within walking distance of just about everything in the downtown centre, and there is also a cozy restaurant located right off the lobby if you feel like just staying in. We also enjoyed having a swim in the pool each afternoon and being able to walk from the hotel lobby directly into the shops of the Confederation Court Mall. The mall itself seems to be going through some changes which hopefully will be more positive for it.The staff were all pleasant, welcoming, and accommodating. All in all it was very relaxing and we would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mosswing
cmcphail, Manager at The Holman Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you were able to get a good night's rest and enjoy the local attractions. Our restaurant, Redwater Rustic Grille is an excellent choice for staying in. We are excited about the changes in the Confederation Court Mall and expect to have even more great things for you to enjoy on your next visit. Thank you again for choosing The Holman Grand Hotel!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Holman. It epitomizes a boutique hotel. The rooms are crisp, clean, modern with flare. The service is fantastic. The front desk staff go above and beyond to cater to guests needs. The pool, hot tub and gym are modern, clean and just right. The location is perfect to walk around downtown Charlottetown and access some great food. It is too bad there is no parking at the location (there is valet service for $15) but I am always reluctant to turn over my keys and never partake. Regardless, this is where I will stay in future visits. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review. We here at The Holman Grand Hotel make it a priority to ensure service is of the highest quality. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Wow. Did not expect to find a great hotel in downtown Charlottetown at an amazing price! I stumbled into this hotel after checking out the Delta Price Edward a much larger price tag. The Holman was walking distance to downtown core and a nice microbrewery Gahan House. Amazing fish and chip paired with a red Ale.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your glowing review. We are pleased that you were able to experience The Holman Grand Hotel. Next time you'll have to try the fish and chips at our restaurant, Redwater Rustic Grille!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is probably the best that I've ever stayed at. The rooms were spotless and with everything we could have needed/wanted. The pool and hot tub were empty every time we were there, which was great. One thing that I would say to improve is that the pool's east wall is glass and overlooks a breezeway into the Confederation Court Mall, and if people peer over the frosted glass they can see whatever is going on in the pool, however I wasn't bothered by that much. Room service was great; I was given 6 coffees, a toothbrush, and toothpaste for absolutely nothing. Overall great hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the middle of the building (4/5/6 floor) because then you have easy access to the ice...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Holman Grand so much! We take pride in providing excellent service and everything a guest could need. We look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My recent visit to Charlottetown was a last minute business trip and I did not have a lot time to pick and choose a hotel. I did a quick look at various options via the usual sources, (Expedia, Orbitz, Trip Advisor, etc) and decided to give this place a try. My final decision was made partially on price and location.

My room wasn't fancy, in fact it was rather bland., but it was clean, quiet and comfortable. Everything worked and it was all that I needed it to be. Two little observations.....the sink stopper doesn't work and water would always drain out. Not a major problem and not worth complaining about, so I didn't. The other observation is that the shower enclosure didn't have a door. That may not be a problem for short people, but since I am tall, that means you have to adjust the shower head and the water sprays out the opening onto the floor, soaking the bath mat. A pain for me, and obviously more difficult for housekeeping to deal with.

I'd stay here again.

The have an excellent restaurant, (The Redwater Rustic Grille). Look for a separate review.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Martin G

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that The Holman Grand caught your eye. We are glad that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our restaurant, Redwater Rustic Grille. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.