“A tour with recorded commentary would have been much better.”

PEI Brewing Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The PEI Brewing Company brews and distributes PEI craft beer. Swing by for a tour of our brewery, grab a pint in the taproom and take beer home with you! We also offer food service in the evenings and on weekends. Tons of events happen here!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Charlottetown, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A tour with recorded commentary would have been much better.”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My parents and I did the Tour on August 21 at 5pm. The girl who did the tour was not great. I speak English very well and had a hard time to understand what she was saying. She was speaking too fast and did not articulate. No eye contact with the public. Her speech was learnt by heart and said like a prayer. My parents didn't undersand anything. A recorded commentary tour would have done a much better job. There was only a question period at the end of the tour.
The quality of the beer would deceive most beer fans from Quebec, where the variety and quality are beyond what we could taste there. A nice looking, modern facility though.

Visited August 2014

AMHERST
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great tour, tasty beer, beautiful site”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Fun trip w grown kids. Learned a lot( more than we expected) on how beer is made and had tastes of many different kinds ( including combos). Friendly tourguides really know their stuff

1 Thank 888kate
Halifax, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Excellent! You Must Do This...”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband, two friends and I did the $20 brewery tour on Aug 2. It was awesome, the facility is beautiful, the people very friendly and the beer is fantastic. While you can try most of the beer at the Gahan House Pub the tour of the brewery is worth it. You have the option of a $10 or a $20 tour, this includes 2 samples (you can purchase additonal samples for $2) the $10 tour doesn't give you any takehome beer. The $20 tour gives you 4pk takehome beer, so you are getting your tour for about $5, well worth it.
They were planning a wedding while we were there, this never impacted our service or tour in the least. The bartenders were very attentive and friendly. After the tour you can sit and pay for as many pints as you like. You can sample all the beer they have on tap if you like, I think its 8 samples for $10 maybe.
When we were done, they called us a cab and it was a great afternoon. I highly recommend it, especially if you like beachchair lager or any of the Gahan beer...my favorites were, Iron Bridge and Sir John A...Enjoy!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank NovaScotiaHeatseeker
Ottawa, ON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Tour, Great Beer”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

A great tour with great beer! We arrived 10 minutes before a scheduled tour, but found out that it was full. However, we were able to relax in the lounge with a beer for an hour or so beforehand. It was very comfortable, and gave us time to browse through the history posted on the walls.The tour itself was a great value - you can't beat the $20 tour (2 samples and 4 beers to take home). We both loved the beer, the Blueberry was my favorite.

Visited July 2014
Ottawa, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A great tour”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband enjoyed a tour at this brewery and judging from the smile on his face and the beer collection in my fridge, I'd say it was well worth the minimal cost. Cozy brewery, great people.

Visited June 2014