“Charlettetown B&B”

and 1 more site!
Charlotte's Rose Inn
Ranked #5 of 43 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The location of Charlottes Rose Inn was central to the downtown core, easily assessible to restaurants and within steps of the waterfront. The owner Eileen and her family allowed us to utilize bicycles for an impromptu ride and provided helpful information for area restaurants and sites. The rooms were spotless as well appointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Charlotte's Rose Inn

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here in 2009 and this was one of the best B&Bs I have stayed in (and that's saying a lot!) I was a bit worried as it had recently been purchased but this experience was every bit as good as the first one. Both times myself and a friend stayed in The Loft Suite - a small apartment with 2 separate bedrooms, living room and very well equipped kitchen on the third floor (no elevator). We took wine and oysters and relaxed on the deck that is right off the Suite. Eileen is an excellent host and goes above and beyond. She even helped with with some time senstive documents I had to submit when my technology failed me miserably!
The Inn is a perfect location to explore downtown Charlottetown on foot with a lovely boardwalk around the water. Charlottetown is an easy drive to almost anywhere on PEI so be sure to go exploring. If you love oysters, be sure to visit Carr's at Stanley Bridge; best oysters and lobster. The staff there was so helpful - taught us how to crack and eat lobster like a Maritimer, how to shuck oysters and the best way to pack lobster for the plane ride back to Ontario.
Charlotte's Rose Inn is a gem and I will stay there everytime I visit PEI!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ScotLassie12
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The owner was extremely nice and helpful in picking out things to do and places to see on the island. Breakfasts were fantastic. She also worked with our children to acquire and provide surprise Mother's and Father's Day gifts for us upon our arrival and upgraded our room.

Room Tip: Try for the front room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Eileen B, Owner at Charlotte's Rose Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

I was happy to facilitate the surprise. Those connections to our families are what makes life great!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Right from the start, I had a good experience. Our hostess met us at the door and welcomed us to her beautiful home and province. The accommodations were clean, quiet, and very well kept. Her advice on what to see and do was helpful. I can hardly wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed for 5 nights and it was absolutely wonderful! The Confederation Room was spacious and bright, bay window with a seating area, very comfortable bed with lovely linens, roomy bathroom with Jacuzzi. The location is great for walking to anywhere in downtown Charlottetown, close to the waterfront and park and in a quiet area. The breakfasts were creatively delicious, and every little detail was thought of. It was exactly as pictured on the website. I have already recommended this place to others, and would definitely return if lucky enough to visit again.

Room Tip: The Confederation Room is the innkeeper's favorite and the most spacious. Lovely bay window and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank June S
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

This B&B is well appointed and a great location We stayed in the Gray Room which was extremely comfortable and the bath area was modern, clean and well equipped with toiletries
The breakfast was well done with fresh fruit, coffee and juice to start with. Breakfast entrees were well done and tasteful. We had blueberry pancakes and bacon one morning and quiche another. Wonderful scones were served There was water, cookies, coffee and assorted pastries all day
Also great location for walking to see shops and meals

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I are about 4 hours away from Charlottetown and often stay in Bed and Breakfasts while there. This one heads the pack....very comfy bed (with soft pretty bedding) , lots of usable antiques, Jacuzzi tub, even a wine opener! Simply put, every detail was attended to. Also had coffee maker and tea in the common room, along with tasty cookies. I have to say the breakfasts are what blew me away. Homemade biscuits and muffins (which Eileen would pack up for a later treat) jams, parfaits loaded with berries, baked eggs in thinly sliced ham, kiwi and watermelon cut into flower shapes....just lovely. There is more, but you really just have to go to find out. Thank you so much! See you soon as we can.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple