“Great stay!”
Review of Inn on the Harbour

Inn on the Harbour
Ranked #17 of 44 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My wife and i have just returned from the island. Our planned stay for two days at the Inn were absolutely great! The rooms are clean and private, fresh breakfast was fantastic. Location is also great if you want to attend a function at the Confederation Landing (2 min walk). We would happily recommend this Inn to fellow trip advisor members. Sandra your awesome!

Ken&Lesa Waugh
Uxbridge,Ontario

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank loon30

Reviewed 29 August 2010

The location is prime- walking distance to all downtown/waterfront attractions. The room was clean and well decorated (hardwood floors, not dated). The rooms are also quite private- more like a hotel feeling than a B&B. Breakfast is only okay- small portion of scrambled eggs and bacon, plus a breakfast bar with toast, cereal, tea, coffee, etc. The price was a little steep (we payed $150/night + tax) but most places downtown start at $130ish. If you dont care about walking back to your room you can get a place outside of Charlottetown cheaper. This was our second stay here, and we noticed more street noise this time, but there was a bike rally going on.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mistyNovaScotia
Reviewed 21 January 2010

If I was to say in one word fantastic!!!! I was born and raised in this home back in the 60's before it was sold to the P.E.I Heritage Foundation. I haven't been here for more then 20 somewhat years, well let me tell you the changes that have been done to your B/B were fantastic. My wife feel right in love all over again when we walked in. So if I would tell my friends colliges I most defenitly will and did. Some people expect royalty when they enter a room, but unfortunatly they ike to dream. So to all you naysayers...shake your heads!!! you wouldn't know hospitality if you triped over it. The rooms were great as well was the breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank therocktm
Reviewed 9 September 2009

As first-time visitors to PEI, we wanted to stay by the water and see as much of the island as possible. After driving 800 miles just to get there, we couldn't seem to find enough in the way of restaurants and activities at the coast or beaches, so we opted to stay a few nights at this lovely inn, right on the bay in Charlottetown. We ended up staying our entire week in PEI in the same place and took day trips out with our car and bicycles and we're so happy we did. The inn is wonderful, very quiet, rooms are spacious and very, very clean. You can walk to all the great restaurants, sights and shopping of the capital city. And the great gal who runs the inn, Sandra, cooks a different breakfast buffet every morning and it's delicious; plenty of fresh fruit and great coffee as well. She also did us a favor by helping us to add to our licence plate collection. With the help of a very nice neighbor, Arnold, Sandra got us a 1963 PEI plate, very hard to come by, indeed. We hated to leave this wonderful island and inn. We felt so very much at home there. Thank you, Sandra!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lubinslogs
Reviewed 4 September 2008

I stayed here for one night and I have to say that in comparison to other bed and breakfasts I've stayed at, this one fell short of the mark.

Everything is clean and tidy and the rooms are nice enough but the same can really be expected of a hotel/motel. The real letdown was the breakfast. Going to a bed and breakfast one often expects more than just a continental showing which is what this B&B provides. Your regular scrambled eggs/bacon/sausage affair with yogurts/fruits/cereal etc. The cereal was stale and the fruit left something to be desired but most was alright.

Maybe I'm being too critical but when I can pay less to stay at a hotel and get the same breakfast I feel a little let down. B&Bs are great places to stay because of both the people you get to interact with and the breakfasts that are provided. This place is comparable to a local hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RyGuyz
Reviewed 10 August 2008

We were greeted by the owner upon arrival and shown to our fairly nice room - the Wallace-Stapleton room. But it was the hired innkeeper who was there for the rest of our stay and she wasn't as friendly. The room had a few nice furnishings, which made for a nice stay but without anything really special to say. There was a fireplace that would probably be nice during the winter. Pictures of the inn on their website show a TV on a table, but that's been changed to a flat screen up high on the wall. However nice the TV itself was, it's kinda difficult to feel comfortable watching it when it's at such a high angle from the bed.

Now I'm a fairly hard marker when it comes to getting my money's worth, but the preceding comments would have been fine if the breakfast had also been alright. However, for the price we were paying and the obvious attempt to make the inn a nice place to stay, the breakfast was disappointing. The peaches in the fruit bowl were bruised and close to rotting. The cereal was stale. They ran out of 1% milk and we had to use homogenized milk for cereal: quelle horreur in this day and age of paranoid calorie counting! I was pleased, however, to see that the scrambled eggs were being freshly whipped and cooked (vice poured out of carton or made from a dry mix - blech). And they had a decent fruit salad - nothing glamourous. In any case, some toast with jam and a cup of tea saved the morning for me. They had put out some maple syrup and I asked if there was something cooking to compliment it, but the breakfast lady said no, not today. I wish they hadn't put the syrup out because I was really craving pancakes after!

By the way, if you're booking, don't worry about trying hard to get a harbour view or anything. There's construction and industrial stuff across the road that really doesn't make for a view of any sort. I'm still trying to figure out what we paid extra for in our room... Save your money and get a cheaper room.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank BCtoNS
Reviewed 4 August 2008

In the Inn On The Harbour my wife and myself experienced one of the best hotel stays during our trip to Atlantic Canada. It is a true gem, and if you need a hotel in Charlottetown, the capital city of the Prince Edward’s Island province (Canada), do not look any further.
Inn on the Harbour is a true 4-star hotel, and comes with a car parking, wireless Internet and the breakfast included. In fact, you will find all bells and wistles in its carefuly furnished room. And the location is first-class as well – close to the historic district, and the city centre. The only thing we are not sure about is how many cars and where may be parked close-by. We were lucky to take a spot right in front of the doors of the Inn, but others were not so fortunate.
The room was well furnished, impeccably clean and fantastically maintained! We had enough power outlets for all electrical needs. Breakfast was a very good continental one, but everything was fresh and yummy.
All in all, we did enjoy the night in this hotel - we would wish we had another one like this :-)

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Middle_age_couple