“Quaint and close”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottetown
Duchess Of Kent Inn
Ranked #13 of 43 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Canada
“Quaint and close”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I arrived without a booking at 6pm on a Thursday night. Sharon the owner is a character, full of knowledge and concern for my good reputation as a solo female traveller. She offered up good bars that played live music in walking distance. Highlighted on the local tourist map the key attractions and how long to stay at each one etc. A charming cold meat, cheese, toast and muffin & fruit breakfast. The room was spacious and quaint, one of many available, including a charming one at the top of the house with asmall turret. Just delightful!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Meaford, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Duchess for two nights while touring PEI as part of our honeymoon on the east coast. It was the first time either of us had stayed at any B&B and will always be memorable. Sharyn was a gracious and knowledgeable host. She was full of ideas about places to go and events to attend in Charlottetown and all over the island. Her location is minutes walking distance from the downtown and waterfront. Our third floor accommodation had the privacy and romance promised to us for a very reasonable rate. The decor is fitting of the Victorian-era and enhances the experience of Sharyn's B&B. We felt like welcomed family! We would recommend the Duchess of Kent Inn to anyone who wants to get most out of their stay in the capital.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Centre Hall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband, mom and I spent a few days at the Duchess of Kent Inn during out visit to Prince Edward Island. We had an excellent stay. Sharyn was a wonderful and very friendly hostess. She is very knowledgeable about the area and shared some wonderful tips with us. The B&B is very nice and the price was very reasonable. We would highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: The second floor turret worked perfectly. My mom had her own private room and my husband and I had...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I went to PEI for a little get away on my days off from work and stayed at the Duchess of kent Bed and breakfast. There is not one thing I would have changed about my stay. The kindness and hospitality of Doug and Sharyn can not be topped. From the moment we arrived it felt like we were at home. Sharyn showed us our room, and toured us around the house. She also offered us lots of information of things to do in the area, and she was very knowledgable about things going on. The location is prefect, walking distance to everything, the breakfast and room were prefect. When we go back we will definatly stay there again. I would highly recommend staying here if you have the chance.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival, the innkeeper, Sharyn, greeted each of us by name. She is very knowledgable about the area and gave us some great suggestions. Sharyn thinks of all of the little details, like keeping a State Park pass for her guests to use, having umbrellas on hand in case of rain (which we definitely needed on our stay), and bedside flashlights. Her unique personality added to the charm of the inn. The Duchess of Kent is in a great location and is walking distance from downtown Charlottetown and the harbor. It's about a 30 minute drive to the Anne of Green Gables attractions.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Bryans Road, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My family visited the island in June and stayed at this bed and breakfast. The owner was most acommodating and had an entire itinerary ready for us based on our previous conversations. She had maps and brochures marked to help us navigate our stay. She provided 'small talk' conversation during the breakfasts that she prepared for us that helped us to feel like we were natives to the island. In all my trips (from Egypt to Alaska, from Mexico to Canada, from Europe to California), I have not had such an experience. I would definitely recommend the 'duchess' as a unique experience with someone who works at her position 24 hours a day.
Debi Krahling

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Essex, Vermont
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I've been to quite a few B&B. This is what I think one should be like. The Hostess is very out going and welcomes you to their home and really makes you feel welcome. She is very knowledgeable of the area and can map out what you are interested in. The house really feels homey. And at a great location just a couple minutes walk to city centre.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends