We stayed here not too long ago and found the place was old and needed renovations. The room we were in smelled bad and we could hardly use the bathroom sink as part of the weird looking bathroom cabinet hung over part of it. Owner had just finished re-tiling the bathroom and it smelled strongly of plaster. There was no fan in the bathroom, only a window that did not have good ventilation. The shower was a bad joke in that it poked out of a hole in the wall and could not be moved at all. It was stuck in one position. The owner was dishonest and tried to charge us for a night we had already paid for. He did not get away with it. There were a couple of drunks staying there that Mr [--] the owner said lived on the third floor. One of them was smoking upstairs too and smoking was not allowed but [--] did nothing about it. We could smell the smoke in the bathroom and bedroom and it stunk.
The maid service was lousy and we had to request room service. We never had our bed linens changed and dust was building up on the furniture which we ended cleaning off. The carpet was never vacuumed either. It seems the maid only cleaned when people checked out.
The phone service was another bad joke. It was very complicated to dial out and the phone would ring in our room when someone called for another guest. We could not dial long distance calls, It was blocked off by [--]. He never mentionned this to us though. There were no saucepans or frying pans in the room even though there was a hot plate.There were only dishes and a couple of mugs, some cutlery.
[--] was over at the inn every day to collect money from guests. We could hear him talking out loud and requesting payment. He always seemed to need money very very quickly. We figured that either he lives a lavish lifestyle or he owes someone money big time. We did not find him to be too ethical anyway..
We were happy to leave. We will not stay there again and we do not recommend this place to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Charlottetown, nestled amongst major hotels and higher end B and B’s is a little gem called, “Suites of Euston”. Open year round, this quaint historic guest house boasts eleven charmingly decorated units each equipped with kitchenette and bathroom. The key factors that have lead Todd Munn’s thriving business towards success are affordability and location. You will be pleased to see that not only the architecture and décor of this historic Inn will have you reminiscing of yesteryear, but so will your tab. Laundry facilities, hair dryer, ironing board, wake up call, full laundry service and shuttle are some of the services available upon request at Suites of Euston Along with the warm welcome typical of islander hospitality, Todd’s genuine aim to please will assure you an enjoyable stay. Please call in advance to assure availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Suites of Euston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Of Euston Hotel Charlottetown
- Suites Of Euston Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada