City Gardens Bed and Breakfast
US$151
The Great George(Charlottetown)
US$223
US$169
The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
US$223
US$213
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Quality Inn & Suites(Cornwall)(Great Value!)
US$93
Priceline
The Sonata Inn(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$114
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We asked to stay an extra night! Carol is a warm and welcoming host. As other reviewers have noted Carol bakes the worlds's best fruit scones every day for breakfast (along with yummy eggs, cereal, fruit, yogurt and toast) and serves it all with homemade jam and marmalade. It was very enjoyable to eat breakfast and chat with the other guests, with Carol joining us every morning as well.

The bedrooms were clean and bright and the bed was so comfortable that I wanted to strap it to the top of my car and take it home with me.

Any future visit to Charlottetown will find us staying at City Gardens B & B and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone else looking for a home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Carol was a wonderful host who made great breakfasts. We enjoyed meeting the other guests and hearing about what to see and do. This is a great central location to spend time in Charlottetown and to day trip out to other parts of the island. You could use this as a home base for your whole trip and save packing up and moving around. We enjoyed our stay and would happily go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The rooms were decorated so tastefully and were very clean (as well as the shared bathroom). The owner was extremely welcoming and her scones are too dye for! Best bang for your buck in Charlottetown, hands down.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I have done a lot of travelling, and have never had such incredible service!

The owner was warm and friendly and provided a delicious breakfast (amazing scones!). The rooms were incredibly comfortable and well-kept. The house and yard were pretty and quaint. The location was great--about a 1/2 hour walk to downtown, in a lovely, quiet neighborhood. And the owner was kind enough to give me and some other guests free tickets to Anne and Gilbert, the Musical--which was fantastic!

I was due to leave on the day the hurricane arrived, so I needed to leave incredibly early in the morning. When I checked out the night before I told the owner I would be leaving before 6 am, so I would not be needing breakfast and would leave the key in my room, as not to distrub her or the other guests. To my great suprise, the following morning, she was up and ready with a warm delicious breakfast for me, insisting I eat before I journeyed back to Halifax, and insisted on driving me to the bus depot (which was the only service running in the storm) and waited with me for nearly an hour to be sure the bus would actually depart! What incredible hospitality and caring!

Thanks so much for a great visit!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank meridith03
Reviewed 13 August 2007

We stayed here for 3 nights in July and enjoyed our stay. The room we had was quite small and didn't have a TV or any of the extras your sometimes get but we didn't miss them. The shared bathroom was luxury....big corner bath and the best shower I have had in a long time, very spacious, hot and powerful. The host Carol was very friendly and the nice breakfast included home made scones and jam.

The only negative to staying here is it is a little bit out of town so we had to pay for parking whilst in Charlottetown but we didn't mind as the price for the B&B was very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank PurpleHazeUK