“Great Atmosphere and Food”

Merchantman Fresh Seafood & Oyster Bar
Ranked #17 of 260 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Merchantman Fresh Seafood & Oyster Bar excels in seafood and local favourites while offering a warm and inviting atmosphere. If it's oysters you're after, look no further - our raw bar has a wide selection of local oysters from Malpeque Bay to Colville Bay and everywhere in between. The next time you're looking for a great evening out, be sure to stop by the Merchantman! Hours Sunday- Wednesday 11-9pm (kitchen) 12am (bar) Thursday-Saturday 11-10pm (kitchen) 1am (bar)
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great beer selection, nice menu (including one of my all-time favourite lobster rolls) and a perfect location. A must for any visit to Charlottetown.

2  Thank BrentlyNeel

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This restaurant is excellent. The food was delicious, the service was excellent and the beer is kept beautifully (it has the same beer as the Gahan House). It didn't feel as squashed or as rushed as the Gahan House. Could not fault it.

2  Thank KandEilidh
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I came to the Merchantman on the recommendation of our tour director for a value quality meal. Lydia, our server was very accommodating in providing a partial order of oysters and a full platter of mussels for sampling. My wife was pleased with her blackened haddock sandwich and I found the seafood chowder very tasty and plentiful. This meal was exactly what we wanted in terms of a seafood experience at a reasonable value.

2  Thank DesertDuke
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I ate here with my wife and 3 young kids. Service was quick and the food was great! Some of the best lobster I had in PEI. Price was a little in the high side but I would pay it again.

1  Thank Iankurt
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great happy hour oysters & local beers! And live music on the patio as well, very enjoyable for some appys and beverages!