“Great service, fabulous food”
Review of Papa Joe's

Papa Joe's
Ranked #25 of 257 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I remember Papa Joe's as catering more to the seniors' crowd. The old menu reflected as much - liver and onions, pork chop dinner, turkey dinner, fried chicken dinner etc. Well, what a surprise we got when we ate there last night. While the decor is still in need of an update, the menu has been overhauled and is more reminiscent of the old Joseph's restaurant than of Papa Joe's. Our party tried various items from the menu including a kid's meal, lasagna, bruschetta goat cheese flat bread, linguine and a Chinese 5 spice salmon salad. Portions were generous and the food was amazing. I'll be dreaming of that flat bread for a week. Our waiter, Daniel, was gracious and was excellent with our children. While not somewhere I'd go for a romantic meal (due to the decor and ambiance), it's a wonderful place to go for a family meal, especially when mom and dad want to have something a little special. We'll be back sooner rather than later!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Food looked and tasted somewhat bland on multiple visits. Not bad enough to stop me from going (saved me from cooking) but not what I would expect from a well-established, family restaurant.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The food was good if you want a comfort meal. It is nicely cooked and tasty. The atmosphere is plain but the service is great. Come here if you want a good satisfying home cooked meal.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The service left a lot to be desired - although I entered before 3 other tables they were served first. I had a salad with cold chicken breast - not sure what took so long.
They did have GF clearly identified on the menu.
Some interesting choices on the menu. I thought I would try it as it seemed busy - I wouldn't return - too many other good choices in Charlottetown - my advice - try somewhere else.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We are locals and have eaten there for years, we tolerated the poor chairs and decor because the food was very well presented and delicious. We were south for the winter and last night we noticed a big change, the presentattion was just ok, the food was not as good and seemed very precooked and basic, nothing like before, the mashed potatoes were plain and bland. This restaurant is no longer on our go to list, very dissapointed.