“Good food, average place”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Silver Streams Restaurant
Ranked #169 of 260 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The food itself isn't bad, it's very consistent and reasonably priced for sure, the food is hot and there is a fair amount of variety with the buffet but the service is pretty much non existent. I had to stop and ask the waitress to bring me and my boyfriend pops because she never asked what we'd like to drink besides pouring our water and after we drained the water, she didn't refill our glasses for a half hour, never asked if there was anything we needed or asked how everything was. Overall, if you want your fill of Chinese food for a good price, I would suggest going to Silver Streams but if you're choosy and want good quality and service, look elsewhere.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Their buffet has a great selection that other chinese buffets don't have . The prices were great and the service was good.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Stopped in for a quick lunch. Not a lot of selection, but just your average chinese food. Only 1 server handling water and taking of dirty plates. I will say it was priced accordingly. Staff should have replenished the food a bit quicker at the buffet stand.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

The last time we were there, a lady came in with a guide dog. She took a lot of food and fed the dog from her plate and what she didn't want, she put back in the buffet. When we informed the staff about what we saw, we were yelled at. Will never go there again. We always had birthday parties and special events there but never again.

3  Thank bcjoslin1
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This restaurant has been shut down for various health codes over the years, but which Chinese restaurant in town hasn't. So with that said, you know you are going to get reheated food that isn't that good and the chance of food poisoning.
I go to this place because they actually serve chicken soo guy on the buffet and it is done right. I am an addict when it comes to soo guy so no matter how many health code violations they break I cannot help myself from going back. Besides the soo guy everything else really quite frankly sucks. The egg rolls, rice, ribs all gross, but the Chicken Soo Guy is fantastic.
I know I have problems and need help with my addiction, I feel ashamed everytime I eat here, but until the other places make it as good I am stuck going here to get it.