“Excellent food, pleasant service, great price”
Review of Silver Streams Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Prince Edward Island
“Excellent food, pleasant service, great price”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was visiting my friend who lives in Stratford, and we decided to go out for dinner (evening) and settled on Silver Streams. We were both pleased with this choice. The food was plentiful, hot and varied, and very tasty and not salty, which I have experienced at other Chinese food establishments. I can usually handle only one plate of Chinese food, but went back for seconds here because I enjoyed it so much. A lovely waitress constantly made appearances at our table to fill our water glasses which was the only beverage we drank that night. My friend and I do not see that much of each other and enjoy catching up when we do get together. We were able to sit and talk for hours, and remained there, oblivious that the restaurant had actually closed! We were not asked to leave and no one seemed to mind. When we finally left, realizing that they had closed, the lady at the cash was just so nice, and we apologized for keeping them. She smiled and said it was not a problem, so we thanked her profusely for their graciousness and hospitality. At $14.95 per person, I thought the price was more than reasonable, considering I have had Chinese food closer to where I live and paid almost that for a take-out dish of S/S chicken balls, rice and an eggroll. We will definitely visit there again.

• Visited October 2013

Charlottetown, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, average place”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The food itself isn't bad, it's very consistent and reasonably priced for sure, the food is hot and there is a fair amount of variety with the buffet but the service is pretty much non existent. I had to stop and ask the waitress to bring me and my boyfriend pops because she never asked what we'd like to drink besides pouring our water and after we drained the water, she didn't refill our glasses for a half hour, never asked if there was anything we needed or asked how everything was. Overall, if you want your fill of Chinese food for a good price, I would suggest going to Silver Streams but if you're choosy and want good quality and service, look elsewhere.

Visited April 2013
Charlottetown, Canada
“great selection”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Their buffet has a great selection that other chinese buffets don't have . The prices were great and the service was good.

Visited May 2012
Whitby, Canada
“Reasonably priced ... Ok food”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Stopped in for a quick lunch. Not a lot of selection, but just your average chinese food. Only 1 server handling water and taking of dirty plates. I will say it was priced accordingly. Staff should have replenished the food a bit quicker at the buffet stand.

• Visited May 2012
Bonshaw, Canada
“Don't go there”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The last time we were there, a lady came in with a guide dog. She took a lot of food and fed the dog from her plate and what she didn't want, she put back in the buffet. When we informed the staff about what we saw, we were yelled at. Will never go there again. We always had birthday parties and special events there but never again.

Visited December 2011