“Great service and great food”

Smitty's Family Restaurant
Ranked #136 of 249 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Valley
“Great service and great food”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stopped here for lunch with my wife, daughter and 2 year old granddaughter while visiting Charlottetown. All the staff were helpful, professional and friendly. We all had completely different meals, my daughter had breakfast my wife had a wrap and salad I had a club and fries and my granddaughter had pancakes. All were served quickly and were delicious. The best part was the server connected with our 2 year old and made her comfortable
Well Done

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Terrance H

Charlottetown, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WORSE BREAKFAST EVER”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Order the breakfast special with sausage. Sausage had to be sent back as two sides was still white (raw meat basically). Then had to send back my plate a second time as the pan-fries were not cooked. So, twice sending my plate back, one would think they would realize that the eggs are probably cold by now. When waitress asked me how the meal was (for the third try), I started to tell her the eggs were cold and should have been reheated as my plate went back twice...she turned and walked away from me.

The refill of coffee is often..yes, this is wonderful; however, the coffee is just warm on the refills. When I told this to the waitress, who I found out later is the Manager, she said "oh, but it is all from the same burner"..Really - seriously - what kind of explanation is that? It is from the same burner, but she is walking around the restaurant with an open pot...HELLO...the coffee will cool off. To top it all off...even with my complaints, I paid full value for meal. Will I be back....NO! Will I recommend this place to anyone....NEVER ! I think the uncooked meat deserves a call to the Health Department.

• Visited November 2013
burlington
“Worst place we ever ate”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The service was bad. The food was bad. The waitress was as cold as the food on our plates and the potatoes were old. don't eat here.

Visited September 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Bad Pancakes On My Visit”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I needed a break from bacon and eggs and had a craving for pancakes. THEY WERE TOUGH AND COLD ! I think what happened is that they forgot to stir up the batter when they cooked mine and then let them sit for awhile as the service seemed slow for pancakes. Anyway, sent them away and just had my wife's bacon. Great tasting bacon.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bruce M
New Glasgow, Canada
“Large breakfast”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Very busy restaurant. Had breakfast which was a large serving for the $ value. It was good. Service was excellent.

Visited August 2013