“Not as good as our last visit” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pilot House

The Pilot House
Ranked #11 of 241 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Bridgewater NS
“Not as good as our last visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was our absolute favorite restaurant when we visited Charlottetown in 2011. The fish and chips were the best my husband had ever had, and the blackened salmon with lobster sauce that I had was amazing even if it was a bit pricey. I'm not sure if they changed the menu but our honeymoon visit this July left us disappointed. I ordered the salmon dish again but it was almost completely different and just tasted ok. My husband tried the balsamic chicken dish but thought it was just average. I'm not sure that we will be going back here next time as the food didn't taste any better than the other restaurants we ate at, and cost literally twice as much. I think the Pilot House needs to re-evaluate their menu pricing as it doesn't seem justifiable for the dishes served.

Visited July 2014

Swift Current
“Food was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Average food but the atmosphere was fun. Staff was friendly when we ate there for lunch during a work conference.

Visited May 2014
Chicago
“Pilot House PEI”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Good family-friendly restaurant.
Lively ambience.
Broad menu featuring local seafood and island-beef.
Good food.
Friendly service

Visited July 2014
Lunenburg, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good down east food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Friendly server and prompt service. Sampled the local oysters - very good, nice bottle of wine recommended to us. Decided on the fish & fries for main, good, but not spectacular. Very pleasant evening, despite not having any cappuccino available. Maybe because it was only June they were closing at 9.00 pm

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Charlottetown, Canada
“Perfect Food, Perfect Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently ate at The Pilot House for my birthday. There were 4 of us and we were seated in the more private area (The "Q"). My husband and I had been here before and really enjoyed it, but I can honestly say this was even better!

I started with Sweet Potato Fries which were perfectly cooked (and a HUGE serving at that!) and then had the broccoli crepes with ceasar salad...absolutely divine!

The others I was with enjoyed the Jerk Pizza, Mussels, seared scallops and pork with squash, and more crepes (they really are the best!). Everyone at the table was super impressed and we all left with full bellies!

The service was excellent as we were warmly greeted, given the specials for the evening, and served promptly. Better yet, the servers weren't constantly at the table checking on us. We ate in peace and were able to carry on conversation without being interrupted non-stop.

Fantastic time as always and we will certainly be back for more!!!

• Visited June 2014