“Food was lukewarm”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I made a reservation for 4 for Saturday night and when we arrived (on time) our table was ready. We were the only people in the restaurant when we placed our order some short time later. Soon after placing our order another table of 4 arrived. Our food arrived soon after. I ordered the duck and though it was tasty it was not very warm and the vegetables were slightly overdone and also lukewarm. The only hot thing on my plate (the plate was cold as well) were the small red potatoes. My husband ordered the scallops and he too found those to be barely warm and he agreed with me on the vegetables. It wasn't very busy so there was no excuse for cold food. My friend ordered the double crusted haddock (which is normally on the lunch menu -the chef was nice enough to prepare it for her) with a salad which she enjoyed. Her husband ordered the steak special which he enjoyed.
I have eaten at the Maple Grille several times before and have always been quite happy so that is why I suggested it for dinner to our friends. I was a little disappointed this time around and I hope they don't disappoint the next time!

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Great food but ask for a table near the back, I wore a coat during my meal it was so cold. Bathrooms r like Siberia ! Or go in the summer

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We enjoy dining out and we thoroughly enjoy the food and atmosphere at the maple Grill.

The menu has something new and fresh for everyone. The location is perfect for anyone staying in the downtown core. It is a great place for an intimate dinner out.

2  Thank wannabethere542
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I recently made a stop at the Maple Grille for the first time (despite living in Charlottetown all my life). It has been on my list of restaurants to try for a couple years and for some unknown reason I never went. I'm pleased to say the decision to give it a try was a good one and I really enjoyed my meal. It's a really small establishment and the decor is simple. I found the service a bit lacking overall, but not terrible either. The hostess just seemed to be having an off day. Seemed to be tired and a little out of it. Maybe that had something to do with how busy things have been with my fellow teachers at the PEITF annual convention descending on Charlottetown restaurants in droves the past couple days.

The biggest plus of the Maple Grille is the prices and value. I was pleasantly surprised to find most options ranging from as low as $8, and the vast majority around $10. I was fortunate enough to visit during the Porktober Fest promotion currently running at various Charlottetown restaurants. My meal was very delicious and it was prepared promptly. It's great that restaurants support locally sourced food.

I will be making the Maple Grille a regular spot on my list and I would highly recommend it to those looking for a good value option in Charlottetown. It won't blow you away, and the service could have been a bit better, but the benefits far outweigh any issues. I am just disappointed I didn't give this place a try sooner. Check it out for yourself and you'll see what I mean.

1  Thank IslanderOnTheGo
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Recently took some out-of-town relatives to the Maple Grille for a nice dinner to celebrate their visit. Everything was lovely. The staff were pleasant, the service was not too fast, not too slow, but just right. The food was out of this world. Everyone was very happy with their meals, and the portions were perfect - again not too much, not too little. Overall, we were all very pleased, and will keep going back.