“excellent”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Summerside
Dartmouth
“excellent”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Good value, service and clean room would stay again. Locacation was perfect close to everything in downtown summerside. Would recommend to family and friends. We plan to go back in the summer. Great Town

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Summerside
Reviewed 15 January 2014

awsome time at hotel we all enjoyed it great people well go back again the food was great the wedding reception banquet was great and the staff were so kind and helpful to all our family and guest so every one has to try it .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Burtts Corner
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Room was excellent. The front desk service was also very good. Food at restaurant was only ok. Ordered Med-rare steak and got Med-well. Only 1 ice machine at opposite end of the hotel from my room. Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Dartmouth
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Our stay was a very positive experience. The rates were great, the hotel was spotless and located right on the waterfront. The service was incredible and so were the meals. Would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Charlottetown
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We were very very disappointed with the condition of our hotel room. Carpets were stained and the most disturbing was the bedspread had huge stains.
The front desk told us to speak to housekeeping then housekeeping says speak to the front desk. I think we should have been looked after better than we were.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Ivan W

Travellers are raving about these Summerside hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 27 November 2013

At $110/night for our stay, we enjoyed this hotel very much. With its almost private indoor pool and its numerous sitting areas, this hotel calls you to relax and enjoy the view which is also wonderful since it overlooks the water.
The room was super clean. And, although some of the room interiors were a bit dated, everything was well-appointed and up to par. The decor calls to mind an era of beauty and a little romance. The room interiors were calming with beautiful colors.
The beds slept great...there was no noise at all even though they were fully booked!
We would stay here again and thank this wonderful Inn and Resort for the customer service and great night's sleep!!!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor with windows overlooking the lake...beautiful view!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Becky G
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

What a lovely stay at The Loyalist!

I loved the room. I believe it was one of the basic rooms but spacious, well-equipped and 'city view'. I was told it was an 'accessible' room so was surprised to find that the bed was very close to the wall and that there was a bath instead of walk-in shower. None of those issues mattered at all to me, but I'm only mentioning this as I know that these things might be important if accessibility is an issue. If this was the basic room, I imagine the upgraded rooms must be really wonderful.

Staff from start to finish were really lovely and attentive. I was given a voucher for 1lb of mussels in the bar so I decided to eat there. It was a nice treat and thanks Loyalist for the complimentary mussels! There were a few issues with supper but those were overlooked because it was honestly the best and tastiest meal I have enjoyed in my 7 years living on PEI!! Seriously good!!

Breakfast also exceeded expectations. It is served in the restaurant and all the staff seemed really welcoming and attentive but not at all intrusive. I asked for eggs benedict but without the English Muffin. I enquired if I could have gluten-free and could I have spinach and smoked salmon - they were happy to oblige and not only that, the chef served the delicious breakfast on gluten-free toast. I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast, overlooking a view of the bay and accompanied with lashings of lovely hot coffee and a nice 'fruit cup'.

It was a lovely start to my day, and it was especially nice that I enjoyed a late check-out which I really appreciated!!

Highly recommend this hotel and very impressed by their commitment to catering for gluten-free and other diets. Looking forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: I stayed in a basic room which was 'accessible'. It was lovely and spacious but if mobility...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sandra S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerside
Quality Inn & Suites Garden of the Gulf
Shining Waters - Ingleside Resort
Causeway Bay Hotel
Causeway Bay Hotel
#8 of 14 in Summerside

Been to Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside? Share your experiences!