“Cold shower”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Summerside
Grafton
“Cold shower”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was clearly wants a beautiful hotel location is wonderful great view of the ocean however it needs TLC. Air-conditioning was not running in the room when we were there at the end of May and there was not enough Hot water to have hot showers each morning so I was forced to have a cold shower

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Jeff T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Ingleside, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Excellent value, great location, friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms
Hotel is located on shoreline near downtown Summerside. Staff are very friendly & accommodating. Room while not luxury are clean & comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Sussex, Nb
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Pretty and clean hotel but it is a high price for very little. Most hotels offer at least a continental breakfast included. Restaurant was pricy. Paid a little extra to get a little more but it didn't work out. Not likely to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Jack_Sussex_NB
KENTVILLE
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Overall stay was very nice. Property is in a great location and the staff is wonderful. Property could use some TLC as it looks like it was very nice 15 years ago. Has great potential to look amazing again. :) I did enjoy the stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This really is a nice property with its downtown waterfront location. Fairly easy to get to from the highway the hotel features spacious rooms, well appointed and with the amenities you would expect. Wifi is provided free but in found the signal a little too weak to support Skype calling. Very nice to have a restaurant on site - food selection was good and generally tasty, fair priced. Service, on hype other hand, was not great. For dinner we waited almost an hour to receive our food. When I approached the waitress to ask when we could expect to eat (at the 40 minute mark) she was apologetic but put it off to being very busy. I advised her, and I would to any employee or owner reading this, to TELL ME THE TRUTH FROMM THE START. If you can't match your normal service standards because of a rush that's fine, it can't always be perfect. But if you tell e the realistic wait time when I come in I can make my own mind up but you can bet I won't complain about the delay because I was informed. Instead, you end up with a situation like this.....very nice place to stay but I won't use the restaurant again I without careful consideration of wait times. There was a group of soccer kids there and the hotel handled their rowdiness very well - thank you. Road noise was noticeable at night but not enough to disrupt sleep. My rating of service is "poor" only because of the restaurant, the front desk people were great.

Room Tip: 4th floor is usually quieter than the rest of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Jim M, General Manager at Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Loyalist. I am disappointed we failed to meet your expectations regarding your meal in our dining room. I sincerely apologize for our failure on this front. I would normally ask for more details on when, which dining outlet you used and so on, but ultimately it is irrelevant. We failed to provide you with a pleasant and timely dining experience. I will obviously present and discuss your comments with our front of house and kitchen teams. I am happy that you found the rest of your visit enjoyable and will use your comments as a learning tool to improve our service and product delivery in our food and beverage outlets.

Charlottetown
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The hotel was ideally located on the waterfront in downtown Summerside. The room was a good size and well appointed to meet my needs. We were pleased that the hotel had all the amenities for our stay, restaurant, fitness centre, swimmimg pool and was close to businesses and attractions along the waterfront.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jim M, General Manager at Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Loyalist. I am pleased that you found your stay enjoyable and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to your next visit with us when in Summerside.

Regards,

St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

So my wife and I booked a reservation for July 31st 2014. We booked two rooms for one night around May 1 or 2nd. She reserved the rooms on her visa and was surprised to discover that within 3 days the charges appeared.

Now we've reserved a lot of hotel rooms over the years securing the reservation with a credit card number but have never had a hotel "help themselves" to the funds 3 months before our arrival.

Is this a normal practise? We have cancelled our reservations and will seek lodging somewhere else.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim M, Manager at Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Bill1957,

I am disappointed that you feel the Loyalist took advantage of your credit card by processing charges 3 months prior to your stay with us. I am even further disappointed that you have cancelled your reservations and intend to look elsewhere for accommodation. I am compelled to explain that according to our records your reservations were booked through a 3rd party, and your credit card information was given to them. It was your 3rd party booking agent that processed the charges on your credit card, not the Loyalist. We do take credit card numbers to guarantee reservations, but under no circumstance do we process the charge until the guest stays with us or, on occasion, charge the guest for failure to cancel a reservation in the required time prior to the actual date booked. I would respectfully suggest that you forward your complaint to the 3rd party booking agent that originally handled your reservation.

Jim Martell

Travellers are raving about these Summerside hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerside
Quality Inn & Suites Garden of the Gulf
Causeway Bay Hotel
#8 of 13 in Summerside
Slemon Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages

Been to Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside? Share your experiences!