“Best Family Hotel”
Review of Green Acres Motel

Green Acres Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Summerside
Green Acres Motel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Summerside
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Obviously the outside of this vintage Hotel looks dated, but rooms are updated (even hardwood floors) exceptionally clean. Comfortable bed, great sleep. There was also table & 2 chairs with sofa, fridge, microwave, toaster oven & 2 burner hot plate. Wish we could have stayed longer. Very friendly staff. Restful place. Would definitely stay again on a return visit. 5+ star!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim V

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We have stayed here at the Green Acres Motel in the past about 3 times. We really like staying here in Summerside PE and this motel is located on the western edge of town.

This time we were given a room at the front of the motel, room 2. It has a nice Lady Diana poster on the wall. This room has been recently renovated to our delight. There is white crown moulding on the ceiling and a flat screen TV on the wall. I put my clothes away in a 8 drawer mirrored wooden dresser and hung our jackets on the convenient coat rack. The bed is very comfortable and the linens are crisp. The room is quiet and the curtains block out all the light.

The décor is totally fresh and attractive and there is a nice clean bathroom and small kitchen with white cabinets, appliances and an eating area for two. We also have wireless internet in this room. I would definitely return to this motel and it would be a pleasure to stay in this suite again, the Lady Diana room. We have everything we need and more.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We tried to book at the Cairns and Clarke but both were full. One of them recommended the Green Acres Motel. I think it was the proprietor of the Cairns. They have high ratings so I assumed they knew what a decent place would be like. Was I ever wrong. The place is 1950ish. The outside has been updated and the grounds are tidy so it's deceiving. There is a questionable trailer park in the rear. The interior of the room hadn't been updated since the 1970s. Think brown paneling, etc. We had the "Lady Diana Room" due to the photo on the wall. The place was worn out and badly needed remodeling. The trim was broken in places. The furniture looked like it was from a yard sale. The counter top burnt. The bathroom worn out.

We booked in for two nights and had to pre-pay. After the first night of no sleep, I couldn't stay another night. The mattresses were shot. I had a horribly sore back and a massive headache. We checked out first thing the next morning. The lady running the place wasn't sure sure about giving us a refund for the second night and it was getting complicated. I was so desperate to get out of there, I just told her to do what she thought was right. I haven't seen my VISA bill, but I'm pretty sure I won't get a refund.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. That said, in all fairness, the room was actually quite clean.

Well...Lesson learned. Stick with looking at reviews on this website instead of recommendations from strangers. I won't make that mistake again. I publicly apologize to my wife and kids for booking this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank craig99Ontario
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Canceled my reservation there because I e-mailed after reserving through the Internet asking for a written confirmation (standard practice) and NEVER got an answer to my THREE separate e-mails. Bad management/ownership. In this day and age, you CAN'T ignore business e-mails!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank GlobetrottingMomma
Reviewed 10 August 2011

In our travels around Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and PEI this was by far the best value we got for our money. The rooms are large, very clean and well equipped. Summerside is beautiful and a very convenient location for sightseeing the entire province.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed at the Green Acres Motel in a very nice little suite room facing the main street. It had a little kitchenette that was perfect for eating small meals and preparing items for a picnic. Spotlessly clean. The location is perfect for touring the island and not too far from Charlottetown and Cavenish. Stop in town and pick up grocery items from the Sobey's store and fix a picnic lunch for the beach or stop along the way and enjoy the great fish and chip shops. If you're heading to Cape Breton from here you might want to check out the ferry which brings you closer to the Cape and may be quicker than taking the bridge and driving the same distance. Had a fabulous time and can't wait to return.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth09
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We come to PEI mainly to ride our bicycles so we bring lots of gear with us, and a cooler full of food. We found this motel on the recommendation of another motel owner. It is well situated, just minutes from downtown Summerside, the Confederation Trail, a nice board walk by the water and even a golf course.

Our room was large and could handle all our stuff. The fridge was big enough for us and we had convenient appliances in the kitchen. We used the toaster and the microwave the most. The bed was comfortable, and the room was very quiet.

The people who own the motel are friendly and helpful. The lady who cleaned our room did an excellent job. We liked everything about this sunny yellow motel, and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple