“Helpful and accommodating”
Review of Causeway Bay Hotel

Causeway Bay Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Summerside
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I made reservations for two high school sports team traveling from out of province and with over 25 rooms booked the staff were well organized had everything ready for our groups. They assisted in evening dinner reservations (at 2 separate times for large groups of over 30 people)
The staff treated our athletes, coaches parents and bus driver with kindness and respect and were attentive to our every need.
The only negative I could state is the beds are a little small (fine for the girls team to share but boys would need 3 to room or a cot not 4 as I had planned)
Thanks for GREAT service!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tammy M

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We had a large 3 day function with up to a 160 people and between the rooms, food,and banquet we had for 150 people we were served very good.All people who stayed there said they were treated very well by staff and manager.I was one of the members who orgainized the function and any problems that had arisen over the week-end were taken care of immediatly.If your planning a night for 2 or for 150 you will be well taken care of.
Marion C

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Marion C
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in summerside before at the other hotels and the service was less good. I love the work they have done with the rooms. Its a great location to stay and the rates are great. They do everything to ensure your stay is better then you hoped for. Thanks again :)

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank bwilson9
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I came to Summerside for business. There was a lot of tournaments and such going on. The only place my work could book me in was the Causeway Bay Motel. My first complaint about the hotel was the lack of cleanliness. I have stayed at hostels cleaner then this place. There was blood and other stains on the sheets, hair in the bath tub, personnel objects left in the bathrobes and bobby pins left on the carpet.
The furniture did not look like it was in the best condition but for the price I will let that one go.
I asked to have the room re-cleaned. It took two times to get the sheets changed.
The customer service was not that great. It wasn't until the girl at the desk realized I was not a student to that she cared. She was too busy talking to her friends that were there. It made it seem like I was an inconvenience to her when I asked if there was a fitness room and the hours of the room, about the restaurant and internet.
There are no amenities in the room. No hangers, iron boards, iron, hair dryer. The basics you would find in any motel, let alone a hotel. No extra pillows or blankets. Then I was told since I was going to be here for 8 days my room would only be cleaned once.
Again, at a hostel, I had better service.
The other thing I notice was the lack of safety information. There is no fire route or emergency route plan posted in your room, no floor plan in your hotel information. There no information in the books in the room, just advertisements.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Sam S
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We were staying for a hockey tournament on the weekend. The staff were excellent, very helpful and accommodating to everyone on the team. The resturant was very good and the bar was fun. The rooms are a little dated and could use a little TLC, however we would stay again in a minute.

All in all a great weekend was had by all.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank buiness10
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed here as part of an organized group tour from Ontario on the night of September 10 so we arrived at the end of the day and were scheduled to leave by 7 am. In the middle of the night in the early hours of September 11 the power went out, and there was consequently no breakfast (which was supposed to be included) and no lighting in the rooms, the hallway or the stairwell to pack and move out. The only reason I give the poor rating is because we later found out that this was a scheduled power outage for the entire town which had been in the local paper the two days before and the hotel did not notify us when our guide checked us in, nor was there any sign that I saw in the lobby or in the room, which seems very poor management indeed. We ate in their restaurant next door which was fine. There was also a self laundry which was useful. There was however a bar or private party in that same building next door and people outside until quite late so it was a bit noisy at night when we were trying to sleep. This was the worst hotel stay of our entire week tour.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank thbucu
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed at the Causeway Bay with friends recently when visiting Summerside to see Elton John, We were all so impressed with the staff who were very accommadating and friendly especially Tammy who gave us a patio room to make our stay more enjoyable, along with extra adirondack chairs, she and the staff were so friendly and showed true PEI hospitality. The food in the tap room was excellent, customer service was surpurb and Chris made me the best strawberry daiquiri I have ever tasted. Thank you for making this get-a-way special for us four moms who looked forward to our Elton John road trip for so long :)

Room Tip: Patio rooms available upon request and availability.