“No heat...No hot water....Paper thin walls....and more.”
Review of Mulberry Motel

Mulberry Motel
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Summerside
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Well where do I start....instead of the list lets just say..STAY AWAY unless you need a spot to rent for an hour. As you read in another review . Room wasn't cleaned. Bathroom ceiling has black mold . Water split ...when I wiped it up ( carpet ) the cloth was BLACK. I would think twice.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank neetina

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Excellent service, staff extremely help and room was very clean. To our surprise we ended up with a room including full kitchen facilities. We could not have been more pleased with this experience and would recommend this location to other people. Stayed here for three nights and also travelled around PEI, for us the location was perfect. When we returned to our room in the evening they very kindly washed our dishes that we had left from breakfast. We also travelled with dogs and we are happy to report that they were dog friendly.

1  Thank yuktuk
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here for one night after attending a funeral in PEI. Very reasonable rates for August on the island. The rooms were also very clean although could use some serious updating in the washrooms. The location was also good, right in the city. The only negative part of staying here was breakfast, turned out only to be lots of baked goods like Cinnamon rolls, fruit sticks, mostly junk food. Perhaps should have some cereal, or fruit or even juice as a coffee/tea alternative, a few more options would be nice... Would recommend to travelers on a tight budget!

1  Thank splat007
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Checked in on Sunday Aug 4 2013 and went to our room, well that was a surprise. Opened the room door and all you could smell was stale cigarette smoke. This is a non-smoking hotel! They never had another room to give me. The walls are so thin that you can hear the tv in the next room all night. The staff that I meet when checking in were somewhat helpful. The free breakfast in the morning consisted of donuts, store bought muffins and Danish's nothing that I could feed my three year old. We stayed for 3 nights and repeatedly had to ask for extra bath towels as they only left two. When returning the in the evening, we found our room had not been cleaned. The garbage was still full, the beds were not made, and there were still not enough bath towels. The office was often closed and locked so they were not much help. I had to wait until mid evening and flag a staff member down for cleaning supplies and garbage bags and towels to clean my own room. This was our 4th year in the area it was not our 1st choice for a place to stay but having to book late in the season it was one of only a few choices we had. We were spending the day times driving up the coast and not hanging around the motel. For what it was, I would say the room was over priced. There are other places in the area that are equal to and/or much better that I would stay at again instead.

2  Thank kandi1225
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Just returned from a three night stay at Knights Inn and my husband and I could not have been more pleased with our experience.The large room,comfy beds,stove,fridge,coffee or tea at any time,lots of hot water and great pressure in the shower all added to make for an enjoyable stay.We offered to pay for the shower curtain that we tore but they wouldn't hear of it.We paid $166.00 total!Fantastic value!Would be very pleased to return to Knights Inn in Summerside.

Room Tip: We had room30.Very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Our pillows were awful. The walls are so thin that you can hear the tv in the next room all night. The water ran freezing cold and scolding hot at the same time. The air conditioner sounded like it had a mouse running in it. The bath tub was old and rusty and didn't look clean enough to bathe in. I would find suggest finding somewhere else to sleep for the night. I won't be staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fiona c
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I won’t stay here again. It was fairly clean though, and if you just need somewhere to crash at night it’s probably fine. We got the smallest room as we only needed one bed for two nights. It was very simple, but good enough for our needs. We were spending the day times driving up the coast and not hanging around the motel. The tub/shower looked pretty new. The bed was very firm, not overly comfortable but Ok. We could hear the TV in the room next to us until after 3:00am which was kind of annoying, making for restless sleep.

I was however; left with a bad impression making me not want to give them my business again. Upon checking out I told the lady at the counter that I had seen a promotion on the website for 15% off if you stay 2 consecutive nights, but that I had totally forgotten to mention it when we checked in. She knew nothing about the promotion and told me I’d have to contact the owner. I emailed as soon as I got home to inquire about it, and 2 days later got a response saying that I should have asked for it when I checked in and they don’t do that after the fact. Most places want to promote their deals, and would have told me about it when I checked in. Most places say to you “have you seen our promotions?” or “have you heard about our special right now?” But nothing was mentioned to us when we said we were staying two nights. I feel like they don’t really want to give people the promotions advertised. If they won’t honor them when asked about it, and the staff don’t even know about the promos, what's the point? All I was told was that if I bring the email next time I come they’d give me the discount on my next visit. Oh? Why would I do that? I’m home now. I won’t be back there for at least another year. And I surely won’t be returning here to give them more of my money now. Don’t have a promotion at all if you don’t want people asking about it.
This was our 3rd trip to Summerside, we’ve stayed in a different place each time. We do several mini vacations every year all over the Maritimes and love telling our friends and family about the different cottages and motels we find and explore on our road trips. This will not be a place that we recommend to anyone.
For what it was, I would say the room was slightly over priced. There are other places in the area that are equal to and/or much better that I would stay at again instead. I think customer service is very important and I would always pay more to return somewhere that I felt really appreciated my business and had great service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple