“Unforgettable!”

Aventure Plein Air Inukshuk
Ranked #142 of 2,003 things to do in Quebec
“Unforgettable!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Never been dogsledding? No problem. Visiting Quebec City without a car? No problem. Want to support a business that puts their canines first? This is it! We made sure to wear three or four layers for sledding and all were needed. Goggles can help. Wool cap and ski mask can help too. And bring your sense of adventure! All staff were knowlegable, flexible and downright nice! Enjoy! We did!

Visited December 2013
SteeveNolin, Owner at Aventure Plein Air Inukshuk, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you for the good words. In reading your review, I was thinking that we should make No problem our slogan ... : -) I'm glad you enjoyed. Hope to see you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
208 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 229 helpful votes
“THE ABSOLUTE BEST EXPERIENCE...”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My family and I were in Quebec for a white Christmas and we did this tour. It was reasonably priced and seemed like a bit of fun. As it turned out, it was THE best tour we have ever done and we have traveled to 54 different countries around the world. We paid the extra and utilised the companies offer of a shuttle and were collected from our apartment. We arrived at the property and got all the paper work out of the way. We were then allowed to mingle with the 100 or so dogs who were all tied individually with their own personal kennel. After photos and cuddles, we then received some instruction in how to operate the sled and then the dogs were attached and we were off. Each sled has 2 people...one passenger and one driver and you can swap over at half way. We were in a group of 6 sleds, with 2 sleds making up staff.

We had an absolutely beautifull day....glorious sunshine, no wind and gliding through the snow forest being led by dogs was one of those once in a lifetime experience for us and the best tour we have ever done. We would not hesitate to do it again.

My only complaint was that I didn't book a longer tour. It was excellent value for money.

Do it....you won't be disappointed.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Russell F
Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Definitely worth getting a car to drive the 15 minutes out of Quebec for this!”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My wife and I had so much fun dogsledding! When we arrived, we were allowed to go out into the pens and play with the dogs for a little while before heading out. There were 3 week old puppies that we were allowed to hold that were adorable. And the photo ops here were priceless. Once we were ready, our guide gave us a 5 minute tutorial, and then it was off you go! It was a little scary at the first jolt when the dogs took off running, but very quickly you get used to it. We did the half day tour (3 hours), and I'd say that was more than enough time since it was snowing heavily at first and started to get cold by the 2nd hour outside on the sled! The ride through the forest was very peaceful and so quiet! Those little dogs just wanted to run. As soon as we stopped for a moment, they were tugging at the ropes and barking to get moving again! I would highly recommend this as a day trip to anyone visiting in the winter months.

Visited February 2013
Cranford, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing - Do Not Pass This Up!”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

If you are going to be in Quebec, QC from January to March you must try this! It was a truly amazing experience to be pulled by dogs on trails through the wilderness! At any time of day you will see some truly picturesque scenes and will be even more amazed when you realize you are "driving" a team of dogs at the same time! It was exciting and exhilarating, even intense at times, but well worth all of it. I wanted to go back and do it again before I left, but we did not have enough time. A couple recommendations for clothing - dress warm! Under-layers of synthetic fabrics, warm, sturdy boots that let moisture out (breathe), and thick, synthetic socks are all key. Not to mention good gloves or mittens and a scarf all good ideas. Book in advance - and DO NOT get it confused with the Aventure Inukshuk at the Duchesnay resort on the North side of the river.

Visited February 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“One of the Highlights of Our Trip to Quebec”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

My fiancée and I spent 4 days up in the Quebec City region for New Years. She loves dogs and I couldn't think of a better thing to do with her than try dog sledding while we were up here on our trip. Aventure Plein Air Inukshuk does offer shuttles from Quebec City to their location in Saint-Étienne-de-Lauzon for an additional fee. I highly recommend you use this service if you are not familiar with the area. Their location is a little tricky to find since it's off the main road and kind of hidden. It was extremely cold when we went, so pack plenty of warm clothes for your trip. They do have some items to wear, such as boots and ski pants if you need additional clothing. We signed up for the half-day of dogsledding and given the temperature the day we went, I'm glad we didn't opt for the full day option. Once you pay and get dressed you can go out and meet the dogs. They have 100+ dogs behind the building and they all are beautiful and well maintained. You get to see first hand how each of these dogs have their own personalities. The majority are happy to see you and just want some love and kindness from you. There were a few that were shy and when you approached them they would go into their home. After about 1/2 hour you get a quick lesson on how to drive/handle the dogsled. It seemed a little intimidating at first, but you get the hang of it right away and no one in our group had any problems. The dog sledding experience is wonderful and these dogs just want to run. They never seem to tire out. They were so much fun to watch. The trails are great and the day we went there was lots of snow on the trails and on the trees, which added to the experience and the beauty of it all. I highly recommend Aventure plein-air Inukshuk they know what they are doing and the dogs all seem to be in great shape and well taken care of. We wanted to take a couple of these guys home with us, they were so friendly.

Visited December 2012