“Good Value”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Laval
North Bay, Canada
“Good Value”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

With the fall deal on choicehotels got a room for a good price of about $78. I was happy to not pay for parking. I had requested a newly renovated suite and got one that we both liked. It was large, light and fresh looking. Had the window open all night and the way the hotel is laid out you are a good distance from traffic - so I never heard traffic or street noise. It was really quiet, even though the place was busy and I learned there were buses of young hockey players staying that night which did concern me. The free breakfast wasn't that good but again for the price I was happy. My GPS didn't recognize the addresses I tried. I'd stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ncix
Patricia A, General Manager at Quality Suites Laval, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
We rae glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. However we are disappointed that our Breakfast did not meet your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Run down, smells in the room. Bed was clean. Won't stay there again. Not to the standard of the other Quality Inns!!!! I spoke to the front desk and the girl shrugged her shoulders and said I wouldn't have an allergic reaction since they painted the room. I said I woke up sick -was it my imagination? Shoulder shrug again. Poor quality for 112 $ for the night.

• Stayed August 2013
Patricia A, General Manager at Quality Suites Laval, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
It is always a disappointment to hear of a guest who was not satisfied with their stay. We did convert your room to non smoking recently. We apologize for any inconveniences caused by smoke smell in your room. We admit, your room assignment was in a old smoke section. We are currently assessing solutions to help minimize the odour you mentioned. We are now 100% smoke free. We take your comments seriously, and we hope you will come back and give us another chance.

Yours in Hospitality

General manager

Travellers are raving about these Laval hotels

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We spent a few days at the Econo Suites in Laval and were quite happy with it. The room was clean and spacious for the two of us. We traveled into downtown Montreal a number of times for the jazz festival and other events. It takes about half an hour and the traffic moves well any time of day, particularly when you choose the 'no highways' option on the GPS. (And it's great to see the surrounding neighbourhoods.)

As other reviewers have mentioned, the breakfast is exclusively basic fruit (oranges, apples, bananas) and carbs (cereals, toast, crossants) but the coffee is good. There is an excellent breakfast place around the corner on Le Corbousier, Le Friand D'Oeuf.

Overall - good value.

Room Tip: We had a room near the rear of the hotel and it was very quiet and undisturbed. We parked at the bac...
Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Patricia A, General Manager at Quality Suites Laval, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments about the services, amenities and that you appreciate the size of our suites. We also are very happy that you enjoyed the location of the Quality Suites Laval and we will look forward to welcoming you back.

general Manager
North Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This inexpensive hotel looks like a 70's-era socialist bloc. Very modest lobby, one elevator only, then perhaps a 500 foot walk to my room at the end of the third floor. Choice hotels says they will be refurbishing all their rooms -- well, they haven't gotten around to mine yet. Rather small (NOT a suite for the lowest price despite the name of the hotel), ugly, only the flat screen TV saved it. To add insult to injury, my wife phoned twice and was told my line was busy (though my phone was never in use). This hotel is good for one night when you're not spending any time in your hotel room except to sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank NorthPotomac
Patricia A, Directeur général at Quality Suites Laval, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
We agree that our hotel is in need of an update and we are very excited to be well into the planning process for our upcoming renovation. As we are making these plans it is imperative for us to hear from our customers on areas to with opportunity for improvement so for that we thank you.

Sincerely

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We enjoyed our stay in Laval partly due to our experience at Quality Suites. Our room was very clean, our ability to use the two rooms allowing one of us to sleep undisturbed was appreciated. The room was clean and very well appointed with sturdy furniture, two flat screen televisions. The internet connection was strong, fast. Our greeting at the front desk was very accommodating. I simply cannot give a five star rating to a standard rate hotel and the breakfast was very plain almost totally carbohydrate based breads, cereals. Generally, I'd recommend the hotel and I plan to visit again some day as it's a very safe bet and is nicely located. It's pretty comfortable for a tourist or businessperson. Lastly, I don't understand any of the negative reviews as everyone I saw was apparently enjoying their stay. In any event I'll happily stay sometime soon perhaps and see more of Laval.

Room Tip: The building is long and the rooms at the rear end of the build are quieter, can be accessed quickly...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Charlestee
I would like to thank you for choosing The Quality Suites for your recent trip to Laval and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us to other visitors to Laval. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will certainly be sharing it with our management team for consideration as we move forward.

Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I got this 2-bedroom on special on the Hotwire site. I paid 83$ on a "secret" hotel rate. Well, I am not the kind of traveler who is fussy about rooms. I work on the road and rent through Hotwire a lot and have found myself in "ugly" corner rooms more often than not. But, this one is quite an unfortunate surprise for me, if only based on the fact that a chain hotel would even offer this type of poor lodging quality.

It is very small, very yuck. The carpet is broken and loose. There is no A/C. Please be aware and careful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback and we have certainly taken this one seriously to aid in our continuous improvement. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its’ team for your stay and by reading each of these reviews we are able to recognize areas that are in need of improvement and take the appropriate actions to correct them. The Quality Suites has 107 spacious suites and 6 regular rooms. For your next stay, make sure to request one of our suites.

ville marie
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Check in was great people at the reception are very nice had vouchers for continenatal breackfast if not taken at hotel could get a rebate of 3.00 at the restaurant next door. Went there for breackfast was not given a menu told to go to the buffet. They had a group of 50 before us food was lukewarm for 25$ including the rebate pretty expensive. the Hotel was ok but had problems with the AC in the room would not always turn on. For the price booked early had a great price of 350 for 4 nights.

Room Tip: They do have rooms with amentities fridge micor wave if you stay for a couple of nites worth it. Get...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank-you for taking the time to post your TripAdvisor review following your stay with us on the long week of May. Your kind comments about the services, amenities and staff at the Quality Suites Laval was very appreciated but I would like to apologize for our breakfast options not being what was expected.

Sincerely