“Hit, Hit, then Hit-and-Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Due Compari - CLOSED

Due Compari
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Montreal
“Hit, Hit, then Hit-and-Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I ate twice in this restaurant and had the most amazing experience. Both times everything was sheer perfection. The food was fantastic, crispy tender calamari, gnocchi, scaloppine, filet mignon... Service and atmosphere really good. I was ready to call this one of my favourite Italian restaurants in Montreal area. And then a few weeks ago we went there with another couple and the whole experience was below average. Chewy almost cold calamari, smoked salmon that was served as antipasto was mostly dark parts, soup was too salty, steak was overcooked, they really tried to get people to order pork roast, not only at our table...It's possible that it was one off evening, but I am now not too sure I want to go back.
Another thing, the restaurant was way too dark, the only light was the electric candle on the table and it was not enough. Had to make an effort to try to see what you're eating.
The owner wasn't there that evening, I don't know if this had to do anything with lower standards.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mirela_S

“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We are from Toronto and did a take out at this restaurant and the food was amazing. They accommodated despite us ordering fifteen minutes before closing time.

Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Montreal, QC
“Wonderful service, great food, welcomed like family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

The service is second to none at this restaurant. We were always well-attended and the food was excellent. This place is a hidden gem in Laval. Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank happy_honeymooners09
Laval, Canada
“Unforgettable Valentine`s day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

A wonderful first experience at Due compari,
When we first walked in we felt so welcomed by such a friendly staff. The food and service was excellent! The owner made us feel at home and the shots of grappa was the cherry on top to complete the wonderful night we had. We had an unforgettable night, shared many laughs with such great people at Due Compari. I definitely recommend this restaurant and hope everyone could experience the same beautiful night as my boyfriend and I did. Thank you Franco see you soon ciao bello !
- Dimitra & Gabriel

• Visited February 2014
Montreal, Canada
“LAVAL's Best kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

Our 2nd time was as good as the first. Service is excellent, the restaurant is cozy. Perfect for a romantic date or intimate dinner with friends. Owner is friendly and inviting. Highly recommend for an authentic Italian meal. It's rare that my girlfriend and I go to the same restaurant twice, seeing as there are so many to choose from, however we would consider going back to Due Compari regularly.

2 Thank Nader247365