“Panama Is The Place!”

Ranked #35 of 729 Restaurants in Laval
Price range: US$8 - US$39
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rotisserie Panama touches all 5 senses: mouth-watering taste on your palate, the vision of a modern Greek-Isle decor, the finger-licking touch of our famous grilled chicken, lamb chops and fish, the music and sounds of Greece, as well as the aromas of beautifully crafted and artistically presented dining creations. With our tantalizing flavors of the Mediterranean, we, at Panama, take great pride in serving only the freshest food. All produce is bought daily to ensure quality, freshness, and only the best. We offer our clients a unique and unforgettable dining experience. Recreating the traditional Greek way, Panama fosters a concept of family style dining and sharing. Our contemporary menu is skillfully created to cater to everyone's tastes and is great for big groups and families. We also offer an extensive wine list with a wide selection to please all. If you are ready to make unforgettable memories, come by and visit us, where a good time and an exceptional experience are guaranteed. Panama's only goal is to make sure that everyone leaves completely satisfied and happy.
Reviewed 23 September 2016

We were visiting some relatives in town, so we decided to try this place it out, as it was recommended. There were 6 adults and three small kids and we went on a rainy Tuesday night in August. The place was well lit, new, and clean upon first inspection. A good number of tables were available with only two other tables being occupied. (remember rain, and a TUESDAY night) The server (wife of the owner) dropped by quickly with menus(in French and English) and water, and following that, hot buttered thick garlic flavored toast for the table. (I've noticed these types of restaurants serve this type of toast in Montreal).
Panama is advertised as a Mediterranean restaurant, but there was a lot of Greek influence in the menu. No problem. We all like Greek, and in Montreal, its always good. There is many Greek dishes on the menu, included sea foods, Souvlakis and fried squid and other Greek appetizers.
We decided to order some Tirokafteria (Hot and mild peppers with feta cheese spread) some Tzatziki (Yogurt, cucumber and garlic dip), and Skordalia (Garlic mashed potato spread) which to start things off, were absolutely delicious, when spread on the toast. The were all fresh and tasty, and worth ordering. The Green Salad came next, it was fresh, delicious, and was not your conventional green salad mind you, it was Mediterranean style, with the right seasoning and different lettuce and vegetables.
We then followed up with some mains including Côtelettes d’Agneau (Lamb Chops) and the Poulet Grillé (Grilled Chicken) and roast potatoes. The chicken is de-boned and flattened, then grilled and served juicy and piping hot. Excellent. The lamb chops were cooked perfectly, seasoned deliciously and were also outstanding. Accompanied by some Greek roast potatoes (everyone's favorite), it was very, very good meal. We topped it off with some cappuccinos and honey balls for dessert. These came nice and hot and were a perfect end to the dinner. And as mentioned, the kids (ages 5-10) had the chicken, lamb and potatoes and they enjoyed it as well. The server insured we had enough food for the table, and in the end it was just right. I paid the tab and was very surprised at the value for the money. Not the most inexpensive place in Laval, but worth the money, for sure. Overall this place is recommended if you are after delicious Mediterranean food, a clean and very good looking place with great service, and a meal worth the money! I'll be back!

1  Thank Rotex29
Panama R, Owner at Rotisserie Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Hi,

WOW!! Thank you for such an incredible review!! It is greatly appreciated and we are so happy that you and all your guests enjoyed your dinning experience!! It looks like you tried a nice variety of our menu, and we're happy to know you loved it - especially our roasted potatoes!!

Thanks again for all your wonderful comments!!

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We went to Panama rotisserie as a family of four and we had an amazing meal. They have lots of great appetizers to mix it up and make a complete meat. The service is great and it's affordable. We had a great experience. we do recommend it. Looking forward to going back soon.

2  Thank costa38
Panama R, Owner at Rotisserie Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Hi Costa,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and review! Happy to know that you and your family had an amazing meal!

Reviewed 3 September 2016

First time eating at Panama in Laval with my husband and brother and sister in law. Since it was our first time our waitress Guylaine made recommendations for the entrees and the meal and even surprised us with dessert. Everything was absolutely delicious and the personal and wonderful service from Guylaine made the entire evening a memorable one. We will definitely be going back especially when Guylaine is working. Thanks again.

1  Thank rgriffin2026

Hi,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are very happy to know that you loved your first experience at Panama! We are also pleased to know that Guylaine made your evening a memorable one!

Thanks again for your lovely comments!

Reviewed 7 August 2016

This is a restaurant that has the most delicious lamb chops. One of the main reasons for going there is the lamb. Other things are also delicious also.

Panama R, Owner at Rotisserie Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Hi Howard,

Thanks for your wonderful review and comments! If we had to guess, we would say you love our lamb dishes!! Thank you!!

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Last Friday, I was asked to join a family at a celebratory dinner at Rotisserie Panama in Laval. Driving off the island of Montreal always strikes terror in my heart. However, I did the usual Google search and felt confiident I could arrive in a timely fashion without too many detours. Fortunately, I had as a passenger, the daughter of my friend who had made the reservation.

We arrived a good half hour ahead of the reservation time and fully expected to have to amuse ourselves until the other family members arrived. First challenge was finding the actual entrance but as luck would have it, our own personal waitstaff was already on duty and gave us the hand signals necessary to find the door.

We were seated at our table and immediately realized we needed an extra seat so that was attended to immediately. After a few initial comments, Guylaine, our waitstaff, asked what we would probably order to drink. White wine was our drink of choice, however, she immediately suggested that for such a large group, 8 in all, her famous and much requested white wine Sangria would really work very well. We agreed. She was right.

Once the rest of the party arrived and menus were passed around, we began making our meal choices. My friend’s daughter and I immediately spotted the lamb platter for $23.95 and determined that this would do nicely. I discussed this idea with my friend and we agreed. Guylaine then came over, once again, to make a timely suggestion. Her recommendation based on a number of factors was that we should order one platter of roasted zucchini and eggplant with Tzatziki, one platter of lamb, one platter of the roasted chicken pieces, one platter of calamari, 2 platters of Greek salad, one of rice pilaf and one of Greek roasted potatoes. It has been her experience that this combination works well for all. The only wrinkle in this plan was that 2 of the guests have serious allergies, specifically to shell fish and nuts. Not even worth worrying about according to Guylaine. She spent time discussing this with both and a grilled fish was decided upon as the perfect solution. Another jug of Sangria appeared along with the various platters and we all settled in for a gastronomic feast.

When the Greek salad platters appeared, we noticed one platter had no feta cheese, it was on a separate platter and this was to accommodate the 2 guests with allergies.

As a lover of Greek food, I tucked into the Quebec lamb which was roasted to perfection and melted like butter in my mouth, the same with the chicken. Having had a bad experience with calamari, I was loathe to try it but based on the chicken and the lamb, I decided to try it with some lemon juice and I have to admit, it was the best I’ve ever had, tender and tasty.

The advantage of the presentation that Guylaine recommended is that there were no leftovers whatsoever and the cost of the meal was less than it would have been had we ordered individually. You could take as much or as little as you wanted. Once the main meal was over, a platter of Tulumba with honey appeared and again, in short order, nothing was left on the platter. It was obvious that whoever does the buying of food for this restaurant, buys the best quality.

I did order coffee and again, it was so good, I had 2 cups a decision I regretted as I lay awake until 2 a.m. in the morning trying to sleep. A small price to pay for one of the most enjoyable ‘dining out’ experiences of my life. I will return to the Panama in Laval again, if only to have Guylaine serve me.

Hi Linda,

Thank your for such a nice review and wonderful comments! Happy to know you loved Guylaine's service, our roasted lamb and our calamari!!

We are very proud to know we offered on of the best dinning experiences of your life - such a nice compliment!

Happy to know you will be returning to our restaurant!

Thanks again for your review!

Hope to see you soon!