“Ambience, Food, Service = Great x 3 !”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Laval
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Laval is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 703 Restaurants in Laval
Price range: US$16 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A steakhouse with a difference. Great Keg steaks, a casual atmosphere, and friendly, knowledgeable service are the proud trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Visit, and experience firsthand The Keg philosophy of welcoming you not as a customer, but as a guest. Every location offers a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and casual bar setting. Each is a welcoming destination on its own, and together they create an energetic and inviting, uniquely gratifying restaurant experience. We look forward to welcoming you in our Keg Steakhouse & Bar restaurants. No matter the location, you can be assured to live a unique experience and have an enjoyable evening!
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Always a great experience with The Keg !

Food is great. Service is great. Ambience is great.

Downtown location, Laval location, Old Montreal location, Ottawa location

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Before I get into my love for the decor and ambiance, I'll quickly describe the food!

It's great, not perfect and it's not the best of anything I've ever eaten... However, everything I've ever order has always been very well prepared. Endless choices of cuts of meat to order, and a great variety of entrees are offered.

I do find however that the dessert list is lacking.... Sure, there are a few choices to pick from, but there's really nothing out of the ordinary. I have a big sweet tooth and usually leave space for dessert, but not when I'm at The Keg. They should at least have 1 choice of "prepared" chocolate dessert, or something more elaborate than what they currently offer.

Now, my real "coup de coeur" is the decor and ambiance!! You can see that they put in A LOT of money into the place. I've never seen a nicer bar scene, the the granite and multiple fireplaces stacked on one of the other... The whole place just oozes luxuriousness, even the bathrooms!

They also have one of the nicest terraces I've ever been in! It's on the rooftop, layout is amazing, you even forget that you are at the Carrefour Laval because you have no view of it! It reminds me of many terraces on the Mediterranean sea, same type of layout and ambiance (minus the sea :) )

The staff is nice, the manager ( I believe) a woman with dark hair, an ABSOLUTE delight! She will go out of her way to make sure everyone is happy, it is incredibly rare these days to find that type of service/dedication.

I can't wait to go back

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Everytime we go at The Keg in Laval just gets better and better . You HAVE to eat the filet mignon there ! Staff there is incredible , especially Ekatherina , she is wonderful .

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Nice decor, and greeted with a friendly smile.
Although we had made no reservations, we waited 35 minutes before we got our table which considering on a Saturday night that was very impressive.
The ambiance was great and the service was within reason.
The quality of the meat served in my opinion was above average and it was cooked just right to my satisfaction.
My wife and friends were also please with their food.

In a very short summary, we enjoyed our food and experience at The Keg in laval nad will be going back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

On the 13-10-2013,was my birthday,my daughter made reservation for 6 people for 4:30pm. Apparently after 6pm it's first come first served( on a Saturday night!!!),anyways,the hostess brought us to our table,booth(to small for 6 people,we managed),our waiter came to pour us some water and explain the special and menu also asked if we wanted cocktails before eating,we ordered a bottle of red Liano. We than proceeded in giving our orders of entrées and main dishes.
My wife and daughter had the warm goat cheese as entrees,my mother-in-law and daughters friend had the calamari,my father-in-law had the shrimp cocktail,I had the bacon wrapped scallops.
All off were prepared excellently,as we finished our entrees the main dishes arrived a few moments late,my wife had a filet of trout,my daughter the house ribs(whole rack),her friend the New York Strip Loin(medium),my mother-in-law the skewered shrimps(12 shrimps),my father-in-law and I had the 20oz Rib Eye Steak(medium rare),let me say that all was cooked as we asked,and it was so juicy that it melted in your mouth,so hood.we also had a 2nd bottle of red Liano.We enjoyed our meal and company,the waiter(forgot his name,sorry) was great and very attentive to our needs.after we were done eating,he came to take our order foe desert,we declined since we were stuffed,he did bring a piece of cake with a sparkler on top and wished me a happy birthday from the house,there was enough cake for everyone.all in all we had an amazing time,we enjoyed our dishes and we definitely recommend The Steakhouse and Bar in Laval,even if it's part of a mall,so no problem for parking.

1  Thank Antonio T