“EXCELLENT”

Hampton Suites Laval Quebec
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Reviewed 26 August 2014

As usual this place is excellent
Service is attentive, comfort is top level
excellent location for restaurants and for shopping
easy access from boulevard and from autoroute 440
part of Hilton hotel group

Room Tip: you can have a smoking room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank epicurious1234
There are newer reviews for Hampton Suites Laval Quebec

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We usually stay at the Hampton Inn in Montreal, however this time it was booked, so we went north of the city in Laval. It was OK, however they gave us a handicapped room with bathroom that was a little awkward at times and were not too accommodating towards us. The counter staff much prefers to speak french and even the TV is always on in French even though during our stay the majority of people were from the US and other parts of Canada. Not the greatest Hampton Inn I have stayed in and the boulevard the hotel is on is busy street and at times hectic to get to with all the traffic. Lots of stores around, not great. Average and for the money we paid it worked out. Would much rather stay in Montreal next time

Room Tip: Suggest you ask for a room away from the elevator, there was noise during the night.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We needed a place to stay for one night to visit a friend who lives in downtown Montreal. He recommended the Hampton Suites. (He knows the area very well and was in tourism for years so he knows his hotels.) It was definitely clean and comfortable and the rooms, although on the smaller side, were nicely appointed. The breakfasts were good (better than other chains like Choice Hotels) but nothing special or different. There are several TV's in the lobby so you can brush up on your French as you eat your breakfast and drink your coffee. That was fun!

My only other comment is that this hotel is on a strip with lots of stores around so it is not the best in terms of outdoor ambience, but if you just want a place to stay close to Montreal but not in the downtown area, this should be fine. There was not a noise issue for us in terms of the rooms or sleeping.

We also got lost getting there. It is a LONG strip of road so be sure you go the right direction in looking for the hotel! And if you are American. check to see if your GPS will adapt to Canada. Ours was glitchy and we went about 10 miles in the wrong direction! Traffic light. Stop. Traffic Light. Stop. The whole way there. If you are in a hurry or running late, make sure you leave enough time with that in mind as you head out for your day.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I went to Laval to visit with family. I could not stay with them because they were renovating and there would be too much dust. I stayed at Hampton Suites Laval. Very clean, courteous staff, good breakfast. I booked with trip Advisor Booking.com. That was a nightmare. I do not smoke, as I am asthmatic, yet, I was given a smoking room. The hotel was booked solid I was told. I called booking.com to ask them for help. I got no where with them. It was 11PM at night. They said I asked for Smoking. I found the receipt and it read as follows: Kingsize bed smoking free internet widescreen TV curved showerhead. Since there are no commas, naturally when I read it quickly all I saw was Kingsize bed smoking free. The hotel told me that what obviously happened was that was the only room they had free so Booking.com took it anyway. I was told that I am not the only customer who has had such an experience with Booking.com. I asked them to find me something else, even if I lost a percentage of the cost for booking at Hampton Suites. They told me "No". I am 74 years old and I am sure I sound 74. It was 11PM at night. Eventually, the helpful and sympathetic staff called me and offered a room which was prebooked for the following two nights. Beware of Booking.com. My lesson learned is that it is much better to pay the hotel's rate than get a $10 discount from these outfits. I will NEVER again book through Trip Advisor and Booking.com

Room Tip: Do not take a room on the smoking floor if you are not a smoker. The hallway reeked of marijuana and...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Shawn S
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I were travelling to Montreal for one night and needed a hotel that was simple to get to, had free parking, and was clean and comfortable. The Hampton Suites Laval fit the bill perfectly on all counts, plus it provided a very good free breakfast and great customer service at a very decent price.
I must admit this hotel would not have been on my standard list of Montreal hotels but, for some reason, all the hotels in Montreal seemed to have been overcharging for the week we were there so I had to go search unexplored area. This is how I found this Hampton Suites and, now that I know, it may well become a go-to hotel when I need to stay over in Montreal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Everything was excellent. Pool was a bit too warm on a hot day but other than that perfect. Wish I had a bed that nice at home. Staff was extremely friendly. The free breakfast was great. Rooms were really clean and nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 26 July 2014

When are we going to receive these new Hampton Inn's in the US? This hotel is one of the newer hotel models Hampton is implementing. The room, lobby, and bathroom were all clean. The service was good and the front desk staff speaks English. Be aware, getting around Laval speaking English only is an adventure

I would stay here again if the rate is right

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business